popcangenie

Arachnosquire
hey guys im newer to the trade

i have
a rosie
a avic leata
red rump
and a curly hair

what other spiders that are not mean can u think of?

chebe2

Arachnopeon
New too!

I've only been going at this for about four months. That being said I've aquired quite a few and feel that B. boehmei, G. pulchra and A. versicolor are great! They're all docile, good eaters, and fairly active. Green bottles are awesome but a little quick. Hope that helps

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Popcangenie, Welcome aboard and to the "trade" {D

Grab yourself a Brazilian Black- Grammostola pulchra.

There are quite a few others but that's a good start.

:)

Terry

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
+1 on the B boehmei- if you don't mind a frequent dusting of urticating hairs............;)

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
thanks guys but i think im going with the G. pulchra just becuz i live in canada and the B boehmei's are hard to come by

chebe2

Arachnopeon
Cant go wrong there. I love mine; prolly the most active and visible of all the slings I've had so far.

endoflove

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cobalt blues are the nicest T's around you cant go wrong! (sarcasm <-------) each T has its own personality but u got a good start and welcome! go with more avics!!!! personaly ive never had any of my pokies try to bite me but they are awosme T's!!!! good luck

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
Aphonopelma are pretty harmless, inexpensive and vary greatly in coloration depending on the variety.I have a new river and it's a pretty cool little T.For the most part you should just get what you want and learn to live with its disposition.

gvfarns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
B. smithi
B. emilia
L. parahybana
A geniculata
A seemani

And all North American Aphonopelma. "New river" is a popular one right now and one of the best looking. Chalcodes and hentzi are very economical and classic as well.

All of the above are good classic hobby tarantulas, easy, and nonthreatening. Also C fasciatum is fun.

farrisbaharom

Arachnopeon
if you can get one - the G pulchra is a great addition to any collection.
but don't let that stop you from getting a Psalmopoeus cambridgei/ irminia too though :D