Can I find 40 hr. heatpacks w/o ordering online?

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I need to ship out a MM tomorrow and I would like to find some heat packs. I've tried searching on here and have found nothing except websites. If anyone has some advice I would like to hear it.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We couldn't find any for sale locally when we needed them, but we are in a small area. Perhaps a pet store that has reptiles? The ones that we ended up getting are meant for reptiles, so that's the only thing I can think of.

We had to buy an entire box of them when we ordered them, only to use just one to ship 1 T. The rest are still in the box, in the basement.:rolleyes:

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Cabellas had some various heatpacks. Try a camping supply store as well, like Gander Mtn, Tractor Supply, Bass Pro or Cabellas.

Marga

Bengal21

Arachnopeon
Try Dicks, Bass Pro-Shops, or other hunting stores. I'd guess Wal-Mart has them too if you feel like braving that mess.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cabellas had some various heatpacks. Try a camping supply store as well, like Gander Mtn, Tractor Supply, Bass Pro or Cabellas.

Marga
You can't just use Hothands or things like that though, because they get too hot and don't stay hot long enough. You need heat packs made to ship animals with.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
^ exactly. But, I have seen 40 hour heat packs at bass pro. not sure what there actual temps reach...but dont get the "hot hands" brand.:embarrassed:

They peak at 140F and drop off very quickly.

I use the uniheat. I bought 100 of them last year from ebay for like 30 bucks.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
^ exactly. But, I have seen 40 hour heat packs at bass pro. not sure what there actual temps reach...but dont get the "hot hands" brand.:embarrassed:

They peak at 140F and drop off very quickly.

I use the uniheat. I bought 100 of them last year from ebay for like 30 bucks.
Uniheat is all I touch! I packed a psalmo MM in my usual bulletproof insulated box I cut and assemble myself and shipped a NON LAG priority over christmas last week. Shipped on Monday and Arrived on Friday and it was low Teens here for temps.. SURVIVED PERFECTLY!

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
^ exactly. Thats all I will use as well. For the same reasons too.

I will lightly wrap the heat pack with a single layer of news paper and so far(knock on wood) I havent had any issues as of yet.