Can I feed him now?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If it's young, probably. If it's grown, it will probably need more time to recover. like another week or two. You can try but if the T does not eat right away, take the food out and try again in a couple of days.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
You can test it by squirting some water next to the T. If it pounces it's ready.

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What size is it? How long you'll want to wait depends on the developmental stage of your T (the bigger they are, the longer it takes to harden), but I feel like it's always better to err on the side of caution rather than to feed too soon. Generally, I wait about a week or so for T's about 2" or less and maybe 2 weeks for larger ones, but that's just a generalization.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i always wait at least 2 weeks before feeding.:) adults,as for spiderlings about 1 week.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i try about 10 / 14 days after if it do not eat then try say 4/ 5 days again if its hungry then it soon eat --- phil

mikeymo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
another clue is to look to see if the fangs are black.

Right after a molt a T's fangs are red. Once you can descern that they are black, wait a couple more days (just to be sure) and offer a cricket.

From my expereince a T is VERY hungry after
1) not eating leading up to a molt
2) going through the molting process itself
and 3) waiting a week or two after the molt before it can feed

If the T doesn't pounce on the food right away, take it out and try again the next day :)