Can I feed commercial springtail food to my isopods?

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
I have spring to life from Josh’s frogs, but I stopped culturing springtails. I was wondering if my isos would benefit from it as I don’t want it to go to waste.

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
Isopods might eat some but they don’t eat mold and fungus like springtails so you should probably throw it away or dump it in the garden or compost

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I do not know if isopods will feed on springtails, but springtails in isopods enclosures will help / prevent mold issue for sure.

I do have springtails in my isopods enclosures.

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
Isopods might eat some but they don’t eat mold and fungus like springtails so you should probably throw it away or dump it in the garden or compost
Yeah I threw it away when I opened it and there was a few drugstore beetles in there! Glad I decided to open it that would have been bad.

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
Those beetles are the worst. They infected my hamster food and got into my tortoises substrate

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
Those beetles are the worst. They infected my hamster food and got into my tortoises substrate
I checked all my dry goods and luckily they were only in that. I’m from Ohio and I’ve never seen them before! I saw the jar of springtail food and thought the brown things were a part of the food but then they moved! AAAAAH

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
I have all my animals and supplies in my room but I realized I had them because they were all over my bed and on my desk. I thought I had a couple flies but they were the beetles. It took a super long time and I had to wash and thrown out a ton of stuff out. I would check every thing to be sure.

Scp682

Arachnoknight
They might but it shouldn't be the only source of food it should be more supplemental. They eat leaves and other "biodegradables" along with (what i use personally) various organic (don't want any pesticides) plant material and different pellet foods. I use one for hermit crabs and another for crayfish but i assume it doesn't really matter because again it's not the only thing i feed them. Also i give them whatever dead feeder insect scraps i have (although it depends on the species because they have different protein requirements some get barely any some get a lot) and that's it. It's really not much i basically throw random stuff in every now and again.

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
They might but it shouldn't be the only source of food it should be more supplemental. They eat leaves and other "biodegradables" along with (what i use personally) various organic (don't want any pesticides) plant material and different pellet foods. I use one for hermit crabs and another for crayfish but i assume it doesn't really matter because again it's not the only thing i feed them. Also i give them whatever dead feeder insect scraps i have (although it depends on the species because they have different protein requirements some get barely any some get a lot) and that's it. It's really not much i basically throw random stuff in every now and again.
Yes I have organic leaf litter bags I feed them. I give them fish flakes sometimes as well.

Scp682

Arachnoknight
Yes I have organic leaf litter bags I feed them. I give them fish flakes sometimes as well.
As long as they have a proper main diet like that then it really doesn't matter what other sources you give because again it's supplemental only making up a small portion of their diet and since they have generalist diets they eat pretty much any dead biomass.