Can I add humidity via dense fog?

echostatic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello, I'm brainstorming a fancy invertebrate habitat which would include a small flowing stream, likely housed in a 20g long tank (or custom built plexiglass tank of similar size). In addition to the stream, I would like to use a modified humidifier to put out a dense fog from time to time. This would keep the humidity very high, so I would need to keep inverts that like a moist environment, but my question is this. Would this fog interfere with an invert's ability to breathe? I don't want to choke anything out.

HepCatMoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
im not a pro, but i would say the odds of fog choking your inverts is highly unlikely. especially if they are humidity loving species.

personally, i wouldnt worry about it at all, but maybe somebody here knows better than me.

jake9134

Arachnosquire
don't think it would hurt them any if its a species that lives in very humid environments, the only thing that could cause harm is the sonic disk at the base of the humidifier that creates the fog/mist. keep them away from that and it should be fine.

echostatic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They wouldn't be able to get anywhere near the actual humidifier, I would restrict how much humidity reached the enclosure with aquarium tubing. I've already done something similar with a custom built gargoyle gecko habitat and it works quite well. (Though nothing has lived in it yet.) I was just concerned about an invert's lungs.