Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Can feeder crickets eat broccoli?

Discussion in 'Insects, Other Invertebrates & Arthropods' started by DannyH, Sep 10, 2011.

1. DannyH

DannyH Arachnobaron

Advertisement
    Sorry if this has already been posted, i just culdn't find it anywhere.

2. zonbonzovi

zonbonzovi Creeping beneath you Staff Member

They will eat your hand if you chop it off and leave it for them...but the broccoli will do.

• Like Like x 1
  3. HighFlyer

HighFlyer Arachnosquire

Yea, no worries about broccoli.

4. Nerri1029

Nerri1029 Chief Cook n Bottlewasher Old Timer

I ran into an issue with Broccoli and my roaches.

When I fed them grapes, melon, carrots the frass was not all that unpleasant, however after one feeding of broccoli the smell was considerably worse.

As for health of the animals eating these crickets - I see no reason it would be harmful.

5. Bugs In Cyberspace

Bugs In Cyberspace Arachnodemon Old Timer

I second the smell issue with uneaten broccoli that's been sitting in cage for 24+ hours. It is the broccoli itself that stinks.

6. Verneph

Verneph Arachnosquire

PA
    +1 Crickets will eat almost anything. I will agree with the potential smell issue, but they'll most certainly eat it.

7. JODECS

JODECS Arachnosquire

they will eat anything edible sometimes they include eggcrates in their diet ..LOL

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.