Can Dubias hurt my T

DrJonnyD

Arachnosquire
Before I get told to search, I have to let you know I have and can’t seem to find the right answer.
My question is this: You always hear about removing any uneaten prey from the enclosure to decrease the potential of the prey becoming the predator. I was wondering about Dubia Roaches. My understanding is that they don’t bite. If my T does not get the Roach right away or if (like what is my current situation) the roach gets away from me and the T and is in a position that would require the destruction of the enclosure to get at it, is it OK to leave the Roach in the enclosure indefinitely. Wouldn’t it just be a snack for the T when it finally does come out? Or is it better to take my tank apart to save a potential problem?

ZephAmp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They will not hurt your T unless it is/has just molted, in which case you shouldn't have feeders in with it in the first place.

DrJonnyD

Arachnosquire
Thanks,
That is what I was hoping to hear. I think I like the idea of being able to put a few roaches in the enclosure, giving the T the option to snack on something anytime it feels like or can catch it. The only down fall is that I dont get to se the action, but that is not a big deal to me.
Thanks again

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the blaptica dubia's are burrowers, and IME, unless they move and your T is hungry, it will just stay hidden. for the most part, they don't really do much.

Just remembered that i left one in my avic avic's enclosure while it molted and that was just fine.

Kamikaze

@baboonmanila
Old Timer
I never had any problems with dubias. Sometimes, my T's would molt with some dubias in their enclosures. They just burrow, IMO