Can candles bother spiders?

Chilobrachys

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So I decided to take my favorite Mexican Red Rump out of my hubbo's room full of animals.. and put it in my room. I like to work around candles, would that be a bother to a spider? It won't exactly be by the spiders housing, maybe 5 feet away?

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So I decided to take my favorite Mexican Red Rump out of my hubbo's room full of animals.. and put it in my room. I like to work around candles, would that be a bother to a spider? It won't exactly be by the spiders housing, maybe 5 feet away?
No. It's not going to bother the tarantula.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I use scented candles in my house.. I have not see any difference in my spiders...

I as well use, Lysol, Frebreze, Adam's flea & tick Shampoo, & I am sure many other items around the house... Ones that are said its best not to use... :rolleyes:

Im not saying I spray on or near the enclosures.. But in the bedroom, where my Ts are, I spray Lysol &/or Frebreze.. My dogs run all around the house, right after I bathe them in th Adam's F&T Shampoo.

I did this back when I had 50-60 +/- Ts... I never lost any due to unknown causes...

One thing I did have a problem with was Bleach. It was barely diluted and I am guessing the fumes got to my Ts or something. Because I lost 6 Ts to unknown causes... So now, I dont use Bleach around my critters....