can anyone tell me what this spider is???

darkfaery

Arachnopeon
all we have rehomed a spider ( already got a few) but are unsure as too wether its either a trapdoor or funnel web...... the shop irresponsibly bought it on without knowing what type it was!!! done LOADS of research and as far as we can tell it looks like its one or the other........we arnt sure on how it is although its looks like its a she.....to me she looks just like a 'jelly'spider!!(as in made of jelly-really shiny and rubbery looking)

Well, is black in colouring, with very subtle brownish shimmer to its legs.....

We have managed to check her aggressiveness and she didnt really show much aggression....she didnt rear up as I have been led to believe funnels do.....and on checking her habitat have found a small flat web on the ground under her hide....which i feel points to a trapdoor more than a funnel web but hey im no expert!!!

If you please check out the pics and if anyone has an idea what she is PLEASE let me know!!!
I have posted on other sites and most people have come back saying its either a trapdoor or a funnel web...but i cant really tell the difference so im hoping somewhere here someone may be able to give me a more definate id........Also if it is a funnel web, do I need a dwa to keep it (i think if it is a funnel then its going to a new home!!)

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP!!

Thanks

telow

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
where are they from ??

looks like some sort of trapdoor to me,
but it could be a purse web spider, or something else,
maybe a location will help figure this out.

Parahybana3590

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If it cant climb plastic, then its a trap door. I'm pretty sure its a trap door, try giving it some really deep moist peat and see what happens.

darkfaery

Arachnopeon
Thanx all for your help with the spider id...it WAS a black trapdoor and for some strange reason I REALLY DIDNT LIKE IT!!! cant explain why cos i adore tarantulas but really didnt feel right about having that one in the house, so luckily my mate took it off my hands and i treated myself to a new tarantula (which im well pleased with!!!)

Heres a pic of my new baby - who isnt happy atall!!! pmsl

gotta love her tho!!![ROFLMAO]