Can anyone tell me what species this is?

arachnofreak95

Arachnopeon
Could it possibly be a color form of G. pulchripes??? It looks a lot like mine does except for the fact that the highlights on its legs are purple.....

Cbarr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I will definitely be watching for the fresh molt pics! Nice T

C

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I keep coming back to look at these pictures, she's beautiful. Like a Franken-T, all bits and parts from different species.

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Curly haired Pamph. nigricolor... LOL.

She's lovely, and I hope she can be id'd. And bred.

Lucky you!

Marga

Great Basin Ben

Arachnosquire
It really doesn't look like one at all.
REALLY???

I know Paraguay is a couple of countries away from Equador, but it IS at the southern end of the Amazonian Basin. The Craigslist ad DID say, Amazonian Tarantula. I'm also willing to accept that flash, and/or lighting might effect the photos, but I thought that the resemblances were fairly obvious. I AM a total noob here, and am eagerly trying to learn as much as possible, so any info of the differences between the two, is greatly appreciated. All the best.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
REALLY???

I know Paraguay is a couple of countries away from Equador, but it IS at the southern end of the Amazonian Basin. The Craigslist ad DID say, Amazonian Tarantula. I'm also willing to accept that flash, and/or lighting might effect the photos, but I thought that the resemblances were fairly obvious. I AM a total noob here, and am eagerly trying to learn as much as possible, so any info of the differences between the two, is greatly appreciated. All the best.

Just look at the carapace.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Look at the tarsus, carapace, shape/form of setae, pattern on abdomen, colour on chelicerae ect ect.

Great Basin Ben

Arachnosquire
Look at the tarsus, carapace, shape/form of setae, pattern on abdomen, colour on chelicerae ect ect.
With the exception of the black stripe on the abdomen, I don't see any glaring differences. Again , I'm BRAND NEW here, and am very interested in learning as much as possible. Here's anothe pic of an E. Camp. and it might be a better match, and again, I'm not saying it is, I'm just curious in understanding the differences. The E. Camp. will likely be my FIRST T, in about a week and a half, and I definately want to expand my collection, and knowledge of T's as much as possible. Anyway, here's another pic:

MANY THANKS,
Ben.

Great Basin Ben

Arachnosquire
Also, on the unidentified Tarantula in question, could that little spot behind the black stripe on the abdomen be a sign of pre-molting, or is it just a color variation? I greatly appreciate ALL of your info, and patience.

brachybaum

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Also, on the unidentified Tarantula in question, could that little spot behind the black stripe on the abdomen be a sign of pre-molting, or is it just a color variation? I greatly appreciate ALL of your info, and patience.
Roaddog did state when he took her home yesterday she had a roach so I think pre-molt is out of the question, for now. She's a very interesting T.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
With the exception of the black stripe on the abdomen, I don't see any glaring differences. Again , I'm BRAND NEW here, and am very interested in learning as much as possible. Here's anothe pic of an E. Camp. and it might be a better match, and again, I'm not saying it is, I'm just curious in understanding the differences. The E. Camp. will likely be my FIRST T, in about a week and a half, and I definately want to expand my collection, and knowledge of T's as much as possible. Anyway, here's another pic:

MANY THANKS,
Ben.
Look at the pattern and shape of the carapace. Plus everything Falk said. I don't know what else to tell you. These species look nothing alike. If you want to see something that looks like E. campestratus, check out G. pulchripes and A. seemanni. As for this one, nothing alike.

Last edited:

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Forgot to say that the patella striping is also very diffirent. But for an untrained eye many species can look the same and i have that problem sometimes to.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
+ 1 with Falk. Some theraphosid spp, even genera for that matter, are just so stinking cryptic it's not funny! I'm yet sticking with birds and a few other animals for the most part, as far as field study goes- and soaking up a little more tarantula info day by day. :)

Great Basin Ben

Arachnosquire
Forgot to say that the patella striping is also very diffirent. But for an untrained eye many species can look the same and i have that problem sometimes to.
Very difficult to say the least. :confused: BUT I, know if I stick around here long enough, I'm sure in no time, I'll know right up to the Sub-Family that these amazing little critters belong to.

The more I try to understand, and the more I poke around some of the books I've already obtained, the more I think it DOES look like a Pamph. of some sort. Regardless, I think it might be one of the most beautiful I've seen yet. Thanks again, and best wishes.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Very difficult to say the least. :confused: BUT I, know if I stick around here long enough, I'm sure in no time, I'll know right up to the Sub-Family that these amazing little critters belong to.

The more I try to understand, and the more I poke around some of the books I've already obtained, the more I think it DOES look like a Pamph. of some sort. Regardless, I think it might be one of the most beautiful I've seen yet. Thanks again, and best wishes.
Please, call them Pamphobeteus spp. looks much better than Pamph, Avic, Brachy ect:) and i dont think the spider in question is a Pamphobeteus sp. either.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Falk, Relax. At least they're not abbreviating common names. :)