Can anyone give me advice???

anthony2561

Banned
Old Timer
2 anyone,

I am only 13, my parents DONT like my T's. I want 2 expand my collection, but i am not allowed 2 have more then 4:( . Can anyone give me advice on how 2 talk my parents into it????

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Well, at your age, there are two options as I see them:
A. Leave the issue alone, and be thankful your parents will let you keep 4 (which is 4 more than most parents would)
B. Prove to them you are capable of more. give it a few months with the 4 you have, and casually bring it up in conversation.

Bill

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
There is definately no shame in owning four tarantulas. Be responsible about those four, and maybe they will allow you to get more, maybe not. What kind of tarantulas do you have, and what kind do you want to get?

Bd

anthony2561

Banned
Old Timer
This is true

yes, but my parents are more afarid that they will get bit in there sleep, or our dog will get bit and die. I had a late T. gigas who was killed by my step-father, just cause he didnt like him and didnt want 2 call me out 2 get him:eek: i almost cried. I think that i will just move out and start my own spider cult.

Peace-out=D

anthony2561

Banned
Old Timer
I hate having 2 fill this part out

I keep stable inviroments for them i love them, i take better care of them then i do myself. By the way do i haft to call them by there latin names????cause i hate doing that.

I have:
Costa Rican Tiger

Burgandy Skeleton
Rhino Horn Baboon

Mexican Pink

and i have a Costa Rican Zebra on the way(I was lucky 2 buy that one:D )I will have it by saturday(I hope)

anthony2561

Banned
Old Timer
thank u

and yes i am thankfull for them, i wanted 2 turn my room into a hot dry place for all spider:) but were would i sleep? and i think that u have a nice collection 2, but really do i haft 2 call them bye latin names?????

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Re: thank u

Originally posted by anthony2561
and yes i am thankfull for them, i wanted 2 turn my room into a hot dry place for all spider:) but were would i sleep? and i think that u have a nice collection 2, but really do i haft 2 call them bye latin names?????
You don't have to use latin names if you don't want to. It's a good idea to learn them and use them more often. Many times a spider can have more than a couple of common names. This creates a confusing atmosphere. Also some dealers just make up names to make that spider sound more exotic and appealing to consumers. The common names kind of annoy me because they change so often. Latin names are more stable. If they change, the changes are published, so there is less confusion about what species you are talking about.
Mike

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmmm

Guys, he's putting you on.
We're nice guys , but sometimes things gets "abused"!

Read the posts, please.

Kenny

whoami?

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by anthony2561
2 anyone,

I am only 13, my parents DONT like my T's. I want 2 expand my collection, but i am not allowed 2 have more then 4:( . Can anyone give me advice on how 2 talk my parents into it????
First of all, let me say that my advice might get you in BIG trouble with your parents. So take my advice at your own risk.

But you don't really NEED your parents' permission to get another tarantula. You COULD secretly buy another one, and hide it in the closet or something. Way in the back, where no one will ever bother to look. That's the nice thing about spiders. They're pretty low-maintenance, so many species can do well stuffed in the back of a closet. Just make sure to water them and feed them when your parents aren't looking.

I'm not saying that you SHOULD do that. I'm just presenting other options to you.

anthony2561

Banned
Old Timer

im tired.....but buying one with out my parents knowing is true, they dont go into my room

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well

Sorry I can't give you any advice in this particular question.

Kenny