Can anyone clearup the cyriopagopus/lampropelma/blue/violet confusion i have.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
but seriously, the scorpion section is more anal about telling people to do their own searches... on emperors... the MOST COMMON SCORPION AVAILABLE. I was told to not post at all by other forum members because I wasn't being helpful while they told me they love spoonfeeding the 14 year olds who cant access a google search.

blunt or not, there is a search feature and google.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Drai and I are kindred souls, he knows that now. {D

Despite being blunt or rude, he still got the job done. AND he made me giggle.

And I learned something.

kevin1995

Arachnopeon
Stlll could you please clear us the fuss about the "blue" and the "violet"?

Are these just different phrases or something like different mislabled sp?

I come across the "blue" a lot but once in a while I see t's labled as "rare violet"

I'm confuzed, help me out please!

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Stlll could you please clear us the fuss about the "blue" and the "violet"?

Are these just different phrases or something like different mislabled sp?

I come across the "blue" a lot but once in a while I see t's labled as "rare violet"

I'm confuzed, help me out please!
Ok, so we are talking about two different spiders here:

One is an arboreal species, and has the common name of "Singapore Blue", and its currently CORRECT scientific name is Lampropelma violaceopes. This is the same spider that has been and is still sometimes called Cyriopagopus sp. "Blue".

The other spider is a fossorial (obligate burrower) species, and has the common name of "Singapore Violet". Scientifically, officially, it is an as yet undescribed species in the subfamily Ornithoctoninae. The confusion arises from the fact that some ignorant dealer or hobbyist began to call this spider Lampropelma violaceopes, which it is NOT. This is the spider that is now widely known as Ornithoctoninae sp. "Haplopelma robustum".

Hope this helps.

See, I did it, without being rude!