can any other bugs be kept with a stag beetle?

sethiescope

Arachnopeon
i’m wanting to start an insect terrarium soon.! i’m really wanting a stag beetle. ive seen some people keep a handful of sun beetles and a single stag, and i’m wondering if it’s actually safe for stags to be with others insects?

mostly, can stags be enclosed with pill bugs or other isopods?

really, i’m just wondering if stags can be kept with other bugs of any sort, no matter the type, and if so, what are they?. ive got a really big tank and don’t want to use it on one little dude alone lol

egyptiancrow

Arachnobaron
beetles that arent predatory in general can be housed with other creatures permitted there is ample space and resources, they are generally docile and slow moving as well as tough and armored which gives little reason for any issues between species, however i have no idea about stags. many people house beetles with velvet ants. you will want creatures that live in the same temp and environment, and will not antagonize, cover, or annoy the beetles just so they are not stressed whether those creatures can do harm or not. ants and other things might be annoying. you might be able to do some snails in but snails reproduce like crazy and youll likely need to cull them depending on species.

ButterMan

Arachnosquire
I guess you could house lots of small bugs with a stag beetle. A cleanup crew would be helpful

paumotu

Arachnobaron
Isopods probably, like dwarf whites probably yeah