can any one post some pics

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm sure you both know of this, but in case you didn't, here is a link to a description of Ethmostigmus trigonopodus

Cheers,

Jochen

Arachnopeon
This is not the full description. You have to read "Attems - Das Tierreich" as well. The descriptions of Schileyko & Stagl are supplements and corrections of "Das Tierreich" in most cases. They worked on the same collection as Attems in Vienna.

Cheers Jochen

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Ethmostigmus trigonopodus i'm quite sure !

did a check-up with "the book" and all keys match :)

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Jochen said:
This is not the full description. You have to read "Attems - Das Tierreich" as well. The descriptions of Schileyko & Stagl are supplements and corrections of "Das Tierreich" in most cases. They worked on the same collection as Attems in Vienna.

Cheers Jochen
Hi Jochen,

I know. I'd love to get hold of a copy of Das Tierreich, but even if i could, i unfortunately don't speak a word of German. There hasn't been a translated version of it done yet?
Is this the only book with taxonomic keys of Scolopendromorphs? Do you know of any other literature that might be useful?

Cheers,

Jochen

Arachnopeon
Hi Dan,
danread said:
Hi Jochen,

I know. I'd love to get hold of a copy of Das Tierreich, but even if i could, i unfortunately don't speak a word of German. There hasn't been a translated version of it done yet?
Is this the only book with taxonomic keys of Scolopendromorphs? Do you know of any other literature that might be useful?
The price was 300 Euro :eek: last time I have seen it for sale. It is rare and it is not translated yet. And parts of it are even for Germans hard to understand, it's very scientific...
I don't know any other centipede-related book with such a big taxonomic key. And Attems must have seen MANY species... Most other keys I know show only size, coloration, antenna segments and few more information, and only for few species.
Of course some parts of are outdated and new species discovered, but I don't know any comparable books.

Cheers Jochen

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What would 300 euro be equal to in canadian funds?

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I just got the pedes today and they're S.mortisans (blue stripe leg). I'll post some pics tommorrow

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
gongyles said:
after giving it some water to drink and a cricket as snack,... i've tranferd it to his new enclosure,... while moving it,... fed it another cricket and shot some PIX :)
amazing specie,... i'm really stunned,... never saw one for real untill now :}

Ow yeah Bob,... it's from Zwitserland ;)
i was amazed by their size,... pushing 17cm orso :eek:

i'm in looooooooooooooooooooooove {D
I am so happy for you Pede God of Belgium. I may have the same by next week. :}
We will see. :rolleyes:

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Jochen said:
Hi Dan,

The price was 300 Euro :eek: last time I have seen it for sale. It is rare and it is not translated yet. And parts of it are even for Germans hard to understand, it's very scientific...
I don't know any other centipede-related book with such a big taxonomic key. And Attems must have seen MANY species... Most other keys I know show only size, coloration, antenna segments and few more information, and only for few species.
Of course some parts of are outdated and new species discovered, but I don't know any comparable books.

Cheers Jochen

Thanks for the informaton Jochen. Scientific books are unreasonably expensive a lot of the time, so i dont think i'll be getting that one any time soon. I've done a fair bit of searching of the scientific journals for information on Scolopendrids, but once again, there really isnt much out there. I'd love to have a book with good taxonomic keys of the common centipedes found in our hobby, but its probably not going to happen any time soon as there is no money to be made in researching centipedes :rolleyes: Until then, i'll have to relly on helpful pede enthusiasts such as you and Steven passing on information :)

Cheers,

Maikardaaion

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
@Steven: great pede, awsome photos... :}

@Griot: is there a way You may contact me?? Or how can I contact You?? :D