Can any 1 help

Cohenfamily

Arachnopeon
His guys wondering if any 1 could help iv recently got a galioth and it hasn't shed it's skin and it's Been over 4 months.
Please any suggestion

obie

Arachnosquire
. Do you know when the the last time it molted or when was the last time it had eaten

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Adults slow down on the molting frequency. Sometimes it takes over a year. How large is it?

Rob1985

This user has no status.
If you have an adult specimen, you could be waiting a while. Temperature and feeding can effect on how often a T molts.

cold blood

Staff member
His guys wondering if any 1 could help iv recently got a galioth and it hasn't shed it's skin and it's Been over 4 months.
Please any suggestion
How about get a less advanced species...these die in the hands of beginners all the time. Judging by your question, you're very new to ts.

Post pics of the set up....they have very specific requirements. I assume its a T. stirmi...common names don't necessarily tell us what the species of the t is.

Anyway, 4 months is not a long time.....even if its in pre-molt that whole time its not alarming. An adult may only molt once a year.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
How about get a less advanced species...these die in the hands of beginners all the time. Judging by your question, you're very new to ts.
I won't disagree here, I've learned that people will buy what they want to buy no matter what they are told.

cold blood

Staff member
I won't disagree here, I've learned that people will buy what they want to buy no matter what they are told.
I totally agree...mistakes are part of everyone's life...some just seem really eager to make those mistakes:)

8legfreak

Arachnosquire
The thing is... They already HAVE the T. They are in the right place looking for advice... I bought my first T, an Lp because I thought she was cool and then I found this site so I could do everything right. Can't we just help? Nicely? Pictures do always help identify problems though.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
doesn't hurt to try.
OP, id sell that goliath if i were you. they die all the time in the hands of beginners who buy them for the wow factor. try a more hardy humid species first. like Phomictopus, or Nhandu.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
The thing is... They already HAVE the T. They are in the right place looking for advice... I bought my first T, an Lp because I thought she was cool and then I found this site so I could do everything right. Can't we just help? Nicely? Pictures do always help identify problems though.
Well...I mean, we don't exactly have all the information we need here. I can't imagine a stirmi (if that's what it is) as my first T...:eek:

OP, we need a little more than that. Some adult Ts take years between molts (which is what "shedding its skin" is called). Age, species, since "goliath" can technically apply to a few Ts, when it ate last, photos of the enclosure...you might not need help at all. It could be completely fine. But let us try to help and give us more info?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
OP, we need a little more than that. Some adult Ts take years between molts (which is what "shedding its skin" is called). Age, species, since "goliath" can technically apply to a few Ts, when it ate last, photos of the enclosure...you might not need help at all. It could be completely fine. But let us try to help and give us more info?
im assuming its the one in his avatar.

cold blood

Staff member
I totally agree...mistakes are part of everyone's life...some just seem really eager to make those mistakes:)
Op, just to be clear, I am not necessarily saying yours was a mistake, I was referring to many individuals in general...because we still don't know anything about you, your skill level, or anything.

Buuuuut, if this is a first t, there's little doubt it was indeed an error in judgment.

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I think OP is having a nice british supper at the moment and is unable to reply.
Or just a :troll:

Cohenfamily

Arachnopeon
Thanks for understanding dude I really hope I'm doing everything right. Just worried. I got him from some1 that didn't want the t anymore so not sure when the last molting was. I'll send some pics

Cohenfamily

Arachnopeon
Thanks for understanding dude I really hope I'm doing everything right. Just worried. I got him from some1 that didn't want the t anymore so not sure when the last molting was. I'll send some pics
I also have a king baboon t and a gooti saphire .

Cohenfamily

Arachnopeon
Please any suggestion
Well...I mean, we don't exactly have all the information we need here. I can't imagine a stirmi (if that's what it is) as my first T...:eek:

Thanks for understanding. I realise it's not a great choice for a beginner. But hey I have it now and just need a bit of advice thanks to every 1 for your comments I'll send some pics