can a tarantula lay a 2nd sac?

BadGuy

Arachnopeon
can a tarantula lay a 2nd sac even if its only paired once? thanks :)

Liquifin

Arachnoking
It depends on the species for your answer. Some species like the P. cambridgei or N. incei can double clutch, meaining that they can lay more than one egg sac. But the majority of T.'s usually just have one sac. So the answer to your question depends on what species of tarantula you're talking about here.

BadGuy

Arachnopeon
It depends on the species for your answer. Some species like the P. cambridgei or N. incei can double clutch, meaining that they can lay more than one egg sac. But the majority of T.'s usually just have one sac. So the answer to your question depends on what species of tarantula you're talking about here.
how about GBB? :D im just wondering because a few months ago my mated GBB layed a sac but it was unsuccessful. she didnt wrap it up. someone in here said its a "spilled sac" or something like that. now shes looking plump again like shes gravid. idk. just wondering if she could be gravid again.. hehe

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Nope, definitely not gravid then. GBB cannot double clutch, so I can say that it's just a plump T.

BadGuy

Arachnopeon
Nope, definitely not gravid then. GBB cannot double clutch, so I can say that it's just a plump T.
okay thanks. when can i pair her again? should i wait til next molt? she doesnt seem interested with a new MM at the moment.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
okay thanks. when can i pair her again? should i wait til next molt? she doesnt seem interested with a new MM at the moment.
Well.... That's a preference thing for most people, but when was her last molt?? If it's been a long time since her last molt then it's better to wait for her to molt before trying again, but everyone's preferences and answers can vary.

Demonclaws

Arachnosquire
Any T can double clutch as long as the female produce eggs fast enough and there is still left over sperm. Some species tend to do this more often.

Wolfy72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
can a tarantula lay a 2nd sac even if its only paired once? thanks :)
I had a P.Murinus very large female who triple clutched, only two of the sacs were viable, and she died shortly after, but yes they can.

BadGuy

Arachnopeon
I had a P.Murinus very large female who triple clutched, only two of the sacs were viable, and she died shortly after, but yes they can.
the first two were viable? how long were the intervals between sacs?

Gogyeng

Arachnobaron
how long usually takes between clutches in P cambridgei? months?

Pasyoo

Arachnopeon
I beg to disagree with this. My GBB dropped her first eggsac last 2 months ago and has never been mated ever since. Now, she has dropped her 2nd eggsac. This to me is definitely a double clutch. I hope that this is not an unfertile eggsac though. Crossing my fingers

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I beg to disagree with this. My GBB dropped her first eggsac last 2 months ago and has never been mated ever since. Now, she has dropped her 2nd eggsac. This to me is definitely a double clutch. I hope that this is not an unfertile eggsac though. Crossing my fingers
That's new to me. GBB is not a species that can double clutch. Not anyone in the hobby has ever had a GBB double clutch before.