Can’t remember the species...

docwade87

Arachnoknight
Long ago, I kept a handful of scorpions. I don’t remember what they were but I had a communal species that was fairly hot that loved to climb cork bark and was constantly active. They were darker brown to black color if I remember correctly.

I loved them aside from some of my thick tails. I would be interested in getting some again but would like to stay away from ones that require heat and the larger species of Asians. Prefer the smaller hotter species.

Anyone got an idea of this communal species I’m thinking of?

docwade87

Arachnoknight
Centruroides gracillis
That is it!! I even remember the scientific name now that you responded. Awesome!

now just to figure out if I want them. Would you recommend any others that are similar or hotter that don’t require heat source?

I had babycurus Jacksoni and it was awesome too.

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
I love my T. Stigmurus but they are very HOT. Seems easy enough to care for and is very active/great hunter
My understanding is they do well at higher room temps but I do keep mine with slings at around 82-85

docwade87

Arachnoknight
I love my T. Stigmurus but they are very HOT. Seems easy enough to care for and is very active/great hunter
My understanding is they do well at higher room temps but I do keep mine with slings at around 82-85
I’m ok with species being hot. Have plenty of experience with hots over the years. Just have been out of the game with scorpions for some time. Is there any that don’t require much heat or do well at room temp?

Lewis Catlin

Arachnoknight
I keep all my scorpions at around room temp here in the uk (My house is always around 20-low 30s in the day). They growth rate can become Slower if they’re not heated correctly though especially in desert species

docwade87

Arachnoknight
I keep all my scorpions at around room temp here in the uk (My house is always around 20-low 30s in the day). They growth rate can become Slower if they’re not heated correctly though especially in desert species
My house ranges in between 68-75 def F (20-23c). I just want to give them optimal care if I do decide to get a specimen again. Probably will only choose one species as I have enough arachnids already. Just need a scorpion fix.

docwade87

Arachnoknight
I have a snake enclosure with a radiant heat pad that transfers a decent amount of heat to the outside top of enclosure. I also have a few heat pads, but can’t remember if under tank heating is ok or not. I wouldn’t want them burrowing for the heat and getting dried out etc.

Lewis Catlin

Arachnoknight
If your using heat pads put them on the side. Scorpions will borrow to escape the heat and find humidity in the wild