Cameroon red baboons fertile eggs?

Pokiegirl

Arachnopeon
As of today it's been a month since the sac was produced. I pulled it and separated the bad eggs from the good ones however I was expecting to see more developed eggs or the eggs with legs stage. Do these eggs look fertile? 20170317_121257.jpg 20170317_121119.jpg

Pokiegirl

Arachnopeon
I think at least some of them may be fertile. Fertile eggs should have a visible white spot at a certain stage. Maybe look at the pics in this thread http://arachnoboards.com/threads/tarantula-egg-question.131341/
Thank You! I actually read through that whole thread yesterday. His pictures are amazing. Unfortunately I don't have a good enough camera to see much detail and I don't have a very trained eye yet to know if the eggs are fertilized. This is only my second sac and the first was a complete failure. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll get at least a couple to hatch. I took a better picture today I think and I feel like I can see a leg in one of them....or I want to see it so bad that my brain is making me think it is there lol.

Attachments

aphono

Arachnobaron
Congrats and thank you for showing pictures of them! It's my first time seeing fertile T eggs.

Pokiegirl

Arachnopeon
So I think one is hatching but it's been this way for a couple hours now. 20170321_144551.jpg 20170321_144602.jpg

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Why did you pull the sack? Was she ignoring it?
Those eggs look like they could be fertile. Hopefully all ends well and you get some slings.
What type incubator are you using? Babboons supposedly make good mothers. I would habe just left her to them

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Those eggs look like they could be fertile. Hopefully all ends well and you get some slings.
What type incubator are you using? Babboons supposedly make good mothers. I would habe just left her to them
Most breeders I've seen pull the egg sack at 25 to 30 days and let them finish up in an incubator. This keeps them from having to dig tiny slings out of the enclosure. Also small slings can get out the vents in larger enclosures.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I know, but every time i pulled a sac at 30 days, i ended up with just eggs and even in adequate incubators i experienced loss in eggs which could have been viable.
The couple times i left sacks with the mom longer i was rather impressed.

I also noticed that at around the 30 day mark the sacks are still nice and round (though some sp. sacks were always flatter/suspended) but eventually around the 40 day mark the sack takes a different shape. When i opened them around this time i saw nice ewls/1i

Pokiegirl

Arachnopeon
Aside from my own excitement and impatience I pulled it because most of what I had read said it was better to do so in case there were bad eggs that way you could pull them without letting them contaminate the rest. You can see in the first pictures I posted almost half the sac was bad and beginning to mold. As for my incubator setup I'm sure it's far from the best. I'm using a Ziploc tub with spagnum moss on the bottom. The eggs are sitting on an organdy hammoc that's attached to a deli cup that's filled partially with water.

Pokiegirl

Arachnopeon
Well just giving an update. I lost the last egg today. Complete failure and I'm very sad and disappointed. Some were definitely fertilized as one began to hatch but never finished so the next day I opened it up the rest of the way and found a perfect little sling. The only thing I can think of is I'm pretty sure I saw a couple notes. As soon as I saw those I cleaned out the tub and put in New everything. Even doing so I still lost the rest:/ sorry about the pic quality. My camera just wouldn't focus that day.

Attachments

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Had the same thing happen with me. Although I knew the sac couldn't be good since my female H. Sp. Cameroon had molted in my care and wasn't mated. I'm sitting on a supposed H. Hercules eggsac this one I'm hoping will be good! My pair of supposed H. Hercules mated several times and the female has a hefty looking sac. Sorry to hear it went this way... better luck next time.