Cameras for photoing spiders

TheSpiderHouse

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
rofl AllenG! I bought mine online.. wife did some searching and found it for about 700 bucks. That included a camera case and a 256 MB mem stick, as well as the 2 yr warranty, and a couple of lens pieces (uv cover and I don't remember what the other one is). I'm at work (don't tell on me k?) but if you are really interested and can't find the url, let me know and I'll get the wife to find it again tonite. BTW.. the niteframing is VERY good for what I think you were talking about ;)

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just bough a new camera yesterday, a Olympus C-5050 zoom for £499. The macro on it is amazing, i'm just about to have a photo session with my bugs now, so i'll post some pics a bit later.

Cheers,

Dan.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
skadicutie... YOU HAVE A DIGITAL CAMERA? I've been DYING to see pics of your babies, WHY HAVEN'T YOU POSTED THEM? Shooooooot girl, if I had one, I'd be posting every little thing that happens to them.

So... most of you are probably GLAD that I don't have one!!:(

Post your pics, will ya, huh? We wanna see, we wanna see!!!!

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
To view a comparison gallery of almost all currently available digital cameras, go here:

www.imaging-resource.com

I used their comparo-system (it does a split screen with each camera of your choice, all with the same objects having been pictured) and came up with the Nikon 4500 as having the best macro abilities of any camera in its range. The 4500 is also heavily discounted if you check online pricing systems like pricegrabber.com or techbargains.com.

imaging-resource.com also has their own low-price list.

bill

AllenG

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
NO zoom = nothing like macro zoom is only good for making something FARTHER away look closer...not making something close look big, I suggest you search for a similar camera with Macro if you are using it for your T's and such...you will be very dissapointed becuase it will be impossible to take a close up of a T.

I have never heard of that company, and a 4.0megapixel camera for that cheap means=less quality....you don't need 33minute voice recording...u want macro for T's

also it only stores video when you use it like a portable hardrive, it doesnt TAKE video...i quote "It isn't only a digital still camera though, the Kobishi even allows you store video footage and up to 33 minutes of voice recording on its 16 MB of memory! You can even use it as a virtual hard disk! " though they say you can use it as a webcam, but then mention its only a still camera, so not sure how that works...

Don't get me wrong it could be a great camera, but i don't trust non-name brand, their camera section doesn't have any name brands i recognize (for cameras), except for the Kodak advantix but that is not digital....

if you go to www.pricewatch.com and click on electronics then digital cameras the cheapest 4.1 they show is 298$ that makes me nervous since they scour the web for deals....so to see one for the price you posted, i don't think that is near 298 though I dont know the conversion...

my recommendation is "i don't know" but I wouldn't buy it myself...

I am not a camera critic, hopefully you can find someone that has one...