Camera Suggestions for Photographing Molts

lackdawa

Arachnosquire
Anyone got any because my iPhone sucks with taking pics of molts?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You can get a macro lens for iPhone of sorts.

Or get a DSLR, with a macro lens

Or a USB digital microscope off Amazon

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
If the only reason you want a camera is to take moult photos, just get a cheap macro attachment for your phone. That + decent lighting will get you photos that are more than sufficient for your purposes. You can usually buy them for like $10 on Amazon. I took the attached photo with a macro lens on my iphone without even having supplemental lighting. IMG_6934.jpg

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
If the only reason you want a camera is to take moult photos, just get a cheap macro attachment for your phone. That + decent lighting will get you photos that are more than sufficient for your purposes. You can usually buy them for like $10 on Amazon. I took the attached photo with a macro lens on my iphone without even having supplemental lighting. View attachment 373508
Which phone and attachment did you use ?

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
Another vote for a DSLR with just the kit lens. If you want to go deep into detail,detach the lens,rotate it the other way around,and you've got yourself macro lens ;)
1.75ish inch G. Pulchra molt image as an example _MG_0361_1.jpg

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
Which phone and attachment did you use ?
iPhone X I think, or maybe the 11. Can’t recall when I took that shot exactly. Probably used an Olloclip lens, but with good lighting you can use any cheap 10x lens that fits your phone. The expensive ones are mostly just easier to use because they have better mounting systems. I’ve used a lot of different phone macro lenses on a lot of different iPhone models and been able to get similar results as long as I’ve had good lighting.

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
iPhone X I think, or maybe the 11. Can’t recall when I took that shot exactly. Probably used an Olloclip lens, but with good lighting you can use any cheap 10x lens that fits your phone. The expensive ones are mostly just easier to use because they have better mounting systems. I’ve used a lot of different phone macro lenses on a lot of different iPhone models and been able to get similar results as long as I’ve had good lighting.
Thank you... good to know