Camera for my Ts

LordWaffle

Arachnobaron
I want to preface this entire post with this: I am not a photographer, and I have no belief that I ever will be.

Looking through the pictures many of the users here have posted of their specimens makes me want to pick up a camera other than my Smart Phone so I can document the growth and care of a couple of my Ts as well as getting some nice pictures to upload once I have something worth sharing. Anyway, what kinds of cameras are people here using?

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
A smart phone camera with a macro lens does wonders. You can get a universal smart phone macro lens for like $5 on ebay. Easy to use and it takes great pictures.

TarantulaGuy84

Arachnopeon
I use either my Canon 40D or rebel with a wideangle lens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
I also know next to nothing about photography. I appreciate the insight, Kodi!
Same here. That's why I bought one. You have to get pretty close to the T though so I wouldn't recommend taking any photos of an OBT or pokie with it. (;

delo

Arachnopeon
I personally use a Nikon D300 however it's not so much the camera, the lens is the important part. Get any camera you want that can attach a macro/micro lens. For some simple but advanced techniques if you're planing on shooting at night when the T's are mobile you should get a tripod and play with the following settings ISO set to 800, shutter speed (S) set to 8-15 and F-stop as low as you can go F2-F3.5 that's for without flash. Important part is to have fun and enjoy the pictures. The setting i gave you is just a start point to play around with, it all depends on the lens and camera you have.

On a side note if you look at the gallery on the right side column there's camera information on what they took the picture with and what settings....just a thought for some more information.

Last edited:

ShredderEmp

Arachnoprince
I just use the camera on my phone. As long as I don't zoom in and have a steady hand, it takes good enough pictures. Sometimes it looks better with flash, and sometimes without.