Camel T???

jaycoheat

Arachnopeon
Just wondering. Is a camel Spider considered a T. And If not, Is it's venom any more dangerouse than a T's venom?

rattler420

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i know they arent a T species, but dont know much about thier venom potency.

i know there r threads about them in the true spiders section

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Use the search function.
Enter "Camel spider"
Sit back and read for days.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Just wondering. Is a camel Spider considered a T. And If not, Is it's venom any more dangerouse than a T's venom?
1. They are not a Tarantula
2. They are not a spider
2. They have no venom
Any questions?

mrsd

Arachnopeon
I don't know about venom, I have never studied them. But my husband and the guys in the unit were told before they went to iraq that there is something in their saliva that numbs.... But they told me that they are very agressive species.

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't know about venom, I have never studied them. But my husband and the guys in the unit were told before they went to iraq that there is something in their saliva that numbs.... But they told me that they are very agressive species.
i wonder where these guys come up with crazy stuff like that.

dragonblade71

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I find Camel Spiders ugly but also intriguing! The way they use their jaws is really unusual - that back and forth sawing motion.

Other names for this creature - Sun Spider, Wind Scorpion, Solifugid.

Webslinger

Arachnopeon
I want one. Too bad nobody is ever selling them and their lifespan in captivity sucks :(

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I want one. Too bad nobody is ever selling them and their lifespan in captivity sucks :(
Does this mean people have tried unsuccesfully to introduce them to the invert hobby? I'd get one if they became available. I've looked some but not found any.