Camel spider molt help

Alex9104

Arachnosquire
I keep my camel spider in a container with a lot of substrate to burrow in, when I first set up the container the camel spider burrowed as expected, but it never came out (I was gonna feed it once every 1-2 weeks), so today I decided to feed it and I dug it out, and I see that it’s in a molting like posture and the color of its skin is different. I am a little worried that I might disturb it and cause it to mess up in it’s molting process. Is there anything I should be aware of or worried about?

Attachments

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Leave it be. I almost made the mistake of throwing out my molting camel spider. They can supposedly remain in this position for weeks. Disturbing the process can be fatal so at this point your best bet is probably to leave it how it is.

Alex9104

Arachnosquire
Leave it be. I almost made the mistake of throwing out my molting camel spider. They can supposedly remain in this position for weeks. Disturbing the process can be fatal so at this point your best bet is probably to leave it how it is.
Ok thanks

wizentrop

to the rescue!
Old Timer
Adding to the above, depending on the species and the environmental factors, they can be in this position even for several months. Don't disturb it and check it at least once a week.

Alex9104

Arachnosquire
Adding to the above, depending on the species and the environmental factors, they can be in this position even for several months. Don't disturb it and check it at least once a week.
I dug a little dent and put a bottle cap on top of it completely cutting off any light, will that be fine or should I actually dig a cave in the enclosure?

wizentrop

to the rescue!
Old Timer
It cannot see anything during this stage (kinda like a snake before it's shedding, but worse).