Cambala sp.?

meloddipedes

Arachnopeon
Does anyone know anything about cambala sp? I can't find much and may be getting a couple and need to know care. All of my other species of millipede are housed together, however I have a feeling these won't be going in with them.

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Does anyone know anything about cambala sp? I can't find much and may be getting a couple and need to know care. All of my other species of millipede are housed together, however I have a feeling these won't be going in with them.
I had several for many months -- very beautiful millipedes! I kept them in standard millipede substrate (I use the premade from BugsInCyberspace) and they liked to burrow in it -- often along the sides of their enclosure so it was neat to see their tunnels. :) I gave them some decaying leaves and wood but am not sure how much this was eaten. They would occasionally nibble on supplemental root vegetable and definitely need occasional protein (kibble or a dead insect but the latter only if assured safe). Otherwise, they will nibble on the legs of other millipedes -- lost my first one this way as the poor thing had almost no legs left. :( The remainder lived for many months until dying recently. I suspect that they reached the end of their natural lifespan -- I think only the larger millipedes live many years as adults -- but I do not know. We don't have enough information about captive husbandry for these lovely millipedes.

I wish you success with yours and please share your observations and experiences! :)

meloddipedes

Arachnopeon
I had several for many months -- very beautiful millipedes! I kept them in standard millipede substrate (I use the premade from BugsInCyberspace) and they liked to burrow in it -- often along the sides of their enclosure so it was neat to see their tunnels. :) I gave them some decaying leaves and wood but am not sure how much this was eaten. They would occasionally nibble on supplemental root vegetable and definitely need occasional protein (kibble or a dead insect but the latter only if assured safe). Otherwise, they will nibble on the legs of other millipedes -- lost my first one this way as the poor thing had almost no legs left. :( The remainder lived for many months until dying recently. I suspect that they reached the end of their natural lifespan -- I think only the larger millipedes live many years as adults -- but I do not know. We don't have enough information about captive husbandry for these lovely millipedes.

I wish you success with yours and please share your observations and experiences! :)
Thank you so much for the reply! I also buy my substrate from bugsincyberspace. My other millipedes are in an exoterra, so the cambala will have to be housed in something else. I'm excited to see how it goes. Thanks again!