Callisto surprised me last night.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My sub-adult Vietnames Tiger, Callisto molted last night. I guess she's not a sub-adult anymore. And what a difference her new exoskeleton is from her old exoskeleton. All the pictures I've seen online of this Asian breed do not do it justice. They can't convey hoe attractive they look with their black coloration and slight striation on their legs. I can't believe that these are treated as a throwaway species. They are definately an underrated breed. As soon as I buy some batteries for my digital camera, I'll take pictures.

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
I had an unexpected molt this week too :D
My A. seemani "Digger"
I'm still waiting for him/her to come out of the burrow.
From what I can see its stripes are much brighter.

I'll get a shot if I can...........
Can't wait to see your baby and its new clothes:D

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by sunnymarcie
I had an unexpected molt this week too :D
My A. seemani "Digger"
I'm still waiting for him/her to come out of the burrow.
From what I can see its stripes are much brighter.

I'll get a shot if I can...........
Can't wait to see your baby and its new clothes:D
I just love T's with striation on their legs. My Lasiodorides striatus Ari keeps getting more vivid striation with each molt. Callisto took great offense to me extracting her exuvia with a pair of long wooden chopsticks. It was pretty funny to see her strike a defensive posture with her pink unhardened fangs. :D I just wish I had a camera to take that picture of her threat posture.

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
I wish I could get at the shed:( I can't, it's behind Digger.
Can't tell what legs belong to the T.:?

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by sunnymarcie
I wish I could get at the shed:( I can't, it's behind Digger.
Can't tell what legs belong to the T.:?
When my OCT (Orange Chicken Thing - Tang has yet to show me the fearsome OBT she's reputed to be. She scurries into her burrow at the slightest movement on my part.) Tang molted, I had to destroy her burrow just to get to her exuvia. I felt bad about it but what else could I do? She has since constructed herself another one so I guess everything is copacetic with her.

Beth-Tex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hehe......Callisto.....unusual name......I also have a T named Callisto......it's a sub-adult 4" female A. chalcodes who is a bit crazy.......aggressive & chicken at the same time. She was named after a XWP character. :p

Congrats on the successful molt & the beautiful result!:D

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Beth-Tex
Hehe......Callisto.....unusual name......I also have a T named Callisto......it's a sub-adult 4" female A. chalcodes who is a bit crazy.......aggressive & chicken at the same time. She was named after a XWP character. :p

Congrats on the successful molt & the beautiful result!:D
Heh heh. My Callisto was named after the Mad Goddess as well. She's extremely aggressive and crazy now. I really fear for the crickets I will feed her in a week's time when her fangs have hardened.

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have a Black Velvet called Nuit and a Mexican Red Knee called Eris. I've read that "Kallisti" means "To the most beautiful one" in Greek. Perhaps someone who actually speaks Greek could correct me?

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

cool:), my H. "longipedum" molted 2 days ago, yeah i now what you mean out of a fresh molt they look pretty cool , i have a male arriving tommorw to attept a breeding(after i fatten her back up and shes ready), i'll try for pics during the mating or have someone else snap pics while i hold the wooden spoon and deli cup lol, peace--Jeff

Poecilotheria

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Godzilla, how big is your H. longipendum? My female finally matured at 7in.+ Pretty nice T's,
Steve