Calling all OBT owners! We want your enclosure + webbing pictures!

BrynWilliams

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I still think I've got the two OBTs who are the MOST inclined to be obligate burrowers.

I wish mine would web up like just about everyone else's.

Gotta love the variation though!

unprofessional

Arachnopeon
Wish I had seen this before yesterday - just rehoused an OBT sling that I tried to force into being arboreal, by only giving it an open-faced, round piece of bark and about 1/4" of substrate. It used the bottom of the bark as the base of its burrow, and then pulled up every single piece of substrate off the ground to use in its web-burrow.

BrynWilliams

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
haha! your T clearly went to the same school of burrowers mine did!

Wish I had seen this before yesterday - just rehoused an OBT sling that I tried to force into being arboreal, by only giving it an open-faced, round piece of bark and about 1/4" of substrate. It used the bottom of the bark as the base of its burrow, and then pulled up every single piece of substrate off the ground to use in its web-burrow.

Struckanerve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
had him for almost a year. just matured in august. but pretty much it looks like a cloud in there lol

Link

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
OBT Owner: AudreyElizabeth
Time in enclosure: Approx 5 months
Humidity: very low
Approx Temp: 74 F

This enclosure is a plastic shoe box type I got from Wal-Mart. I think the low ceiling encouraged all this webbing, because I've never seen her web this much in the seven years that I have had her. Before she was in a ten gallon tank with a hollow half log for a hide. Now she has a burrow in coconut fiber under a piece of sandstone. I cannot take the lid off completely without destroying her web, so I'm thinking of rehousing her again. I lifted the lid as far as I could for these pics.

Edit- The approx size of the T is about 5 inches, give or take a little. I rarely see her stretched out.
My sling did this exact same thing when housed in a container with the lid very close to the ground.

ArachnoJoshua

Arachnopeon
OBT Owner: Mackenzie and Cassandra
Time in enclosure: About 5 months
Humidity: No water dish, but our room is humid, so about moderate
Approx Temp: Usually around 80

We keep ours in an arboreal set up. He's about 2.5"-3". When we first put him in, he built a sort of trapdoor burrow, but abandoned it after his first molt with us. Then he really started to web up a lot.

And a shot from the top
ahaha at colonel mustard

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
I agree as well. None of my 3 adult females have made a burrow. I do however have a 1.5" sling that has made a burrow.
My adult female has made a very nice 4-5inch burrow. It has two exits and a third in the making, if I am reading her correctly. Above that she has all of the webbing. My other OBT, a 3 inch male juvie, used to live in even deeper burrow he constructed, maybe 6 inches deep. He hasn't made any more burrows after I rehoused him.

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OBT Owner: Ariel
Time in enclosure: 1 month tomorrow :D
Humidity: Lowish
Approx Temp: 72-75 probably

The enclosure hadn't been intended for an OBT, but she's doing fine in it, so I instead of revamping it like I'd intended when i got the chance, I'm leaving it.

There used to be webbing where she is, but she tends to tear down/rebuild everyonce in awhile.

And this is her, "Zeni" 5" female. (gorgeous isn't she :D)

Alright, its been almost three months since I posted this, and it's remained exactly the same....until today. I don't know what has suddenly gotten in Zeni but she's become far more defensive then she used to, and in only a couple of hours, after 4 months of only webbing that one one are she suddenly has this going on:

Edit/ I'll post more pics if she adds to this

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
OBT Owner: A Rivera
Time in enclosure: 3 weeks after rehousing
Humidity: low - moderate
Approx Temp: 75-85f

Tufee MM

Last edited:

nexen

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice pics, everyone. I want one of these guys so bad.

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I dont dare to get one of these.
i got another 5 slings.....:wall::?..... why? cuz im obt crazy... lol .. jokes they r really beautiful and hardy species.... maybe not to friendly... but needless to say one of the best T's i ever had.....

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
I dont dare to get one of these.
I said the same thing, and just got my first one. Just a sling, but already fiesty, this is going to be interesting :)

Ms.X

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
P. murinus sac mates rehoused on 01/15/10-photos on 01/31/10

BrynWilliams

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ressurection!

Let's see those updates, anyone else got any cool enclosure pics of their OBTs?

I've just sent both my boys out on loan so I'm feeling like an OBT empty-nester, so little aggression in my collection now lol :D