Calling all OBT owners! We want your enclosure + webbing pictures!

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Ha! If you wanna throw em up here, by all means!

I'm going to be rehousing my two in a little bit to see if giving them an arboreal enclosure will make them lean toward arboreal tendencies. When i get around to it i'll post the pics up :)
OBT's are remarkably adaptable. Initially, I kept my sling as a terrestrial, but switched it to the setup in my pics because it gave the little bugger both floor room, and height. The best of both worlds!!!!

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
OBT Owner: Jon and Jessica
Time in enclosure: About 3 months
Humidity: Moderate
Approx Temp: 78F-85F

This is our female's enclosure. The two males we have don't get the elaborate digs that she gets. We bred her Oct 20th with the little male and he kicked her out of her home so I had to get him out. Bred her again last night with the big male and the same thing happened... so I had to get him out. :mad:

Eviction notice:

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We're getting two P. murinus slings on the 22 of November and we're going to set one up in an arboreal enclosure and one in a terrestrial just to see the difference. We'll post pics in this thread when we get them in their new enclosures.

-Cass

Big B

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Can't upload pics

I have a couple of great web shots with the obt in it. Everytime I try to upload it gives me a load file error. I'm trying it in jpeg, along with others with no luck. Any advice :worship:

And yes, I used the "search" before this post. I tried what I found but.....

Last edited:

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Try hosting them on photobucket and just linking the image tags.

bigdog999

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have these two unsexed year old OBTs. I currently have them in a Tarantulacages.com split terrestrial cage. They are due to an upgrade shortly, once I figure out what I'm going to upgrade them two. I got them from fang999 since they were the size of a pencil eraser, now they're about 2.5-3.0 inches. Never once any indication of a threat display. Sorry for the poor quality pix

Owner: Bigdog999
Time in enclosure: 6 months
Humidy: low
Temperature: varies - room temperature
size: 2.5 - 3.0"

Roski

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow, I'd hate to live in an area where burglars are tough enough to loot OBTs :eek: ;P

BrynWilliams

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So I rehoused my girl into a spare exo terra 12x12x12 that became available and here's the photo as she went in, so we'll see what happens :)

The OBT was cowering in the corner having only just gone in there, looking much smaller than she actually is :D

bigdog999

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
actually I have locks on all my cages that are lockable. My double snake cage has rotary locks, and my lizard tank has a glass door lock.

Godzirra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't have pictures, but i do have a video of my obt
[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z2y4WwiQAIk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z2y4WwiQAIk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
kind of gives you an inside look of the web

BrynWilliams

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
resurrection for an update request! Those doing the individual new enclosures experiment do you wanna post up pics of the progress so far?

thevez2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
OBT Owner: KJ Vezino
Time in enclosure: See Below
Humidity: VERY LOW
Approx Temp: 70s

First Enclosure (after 6 months)

New Enclosure (Day 1)

(after 4 months)

(after 1 year)

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm in Montreal right now; I'll get pics when I get home. :)

--Joe