Calling all OBT owners! We want your enclosure + webbing pictures!

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When I kept mine in the cube, it webbed on top of the substrate.

When I transferred it and gave it much more substrate, it incorporated the substrate.

So, I had the same T make one home all web, and the other incorporate the substrate

He's been in this enclosure for about a month.

You cant see from the picture but a tunnel goes right under the substrate and that's where it spends most of it's time.

I think they are opportunists. They will use what is given to them, and base their web home on what is provided for them.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Dang! Now I want mine to molt! Amazing pic!

Mine is boring on the webbing. it webbed up behind a branch and has never hardly been heard from again. When I peek, all I see is a foot and part of its abdomen.

maitre

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Of my 4 OBTs...

One lives as an arboreal at the top of its woodbark but has recently started to dig down. It still hangs out above ground though. It is quite the heavy webber and its bark is completely covered with web. There is also webbing that branches off its piece of bark. This guy is ALWAYS visible and does not have a hide that conceals itself but it will try.

Two others are strict burrowers and constructed web tunnels under the substrate. These two are usually hiding but will sit at its entrance from time to time.

The last went crazy and webbed to the max. There is no longer a distinction between substrate and empty space above it - it has webbed everything and moved cocofibre to fill its entire enclosure. There are burrows where it likes to dive down into but I can always see it. None of the burrows provide complete concealment.

They are all kept super dry but I SUPER LIGHTLY mist the enclosures once every 2 weeks or so. Typically, the substrate is as dry as it can get. Temps are around 75F.

Will upload photos tonight.

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
mine has hit about 5 inches now...
i need to rehome it.
its in a tiny container and doesnt web much,except for over the substrate (which i can no longer see,it looks like a snowfield) and the sides.
will get pics of the entire enclosure soon,but for now...

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have kept them and have lots of pics but these guys are men for all seasons......Love them but they are not a spider you can put a tag on.....they please themselves and change behaviour like the weather.
I prefer a T I can count on if you know what I mean ?
Love them but they are way to willing to bite for my liking.
Paul

Austen

Arachnopeon
Glad to see its back. I'll post an update on my old one and I have a new one who caked a Michael's cube tomorrow after work. Yayeah!

maitre

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here are my 4 OBT's

Time in enclosures: About 2 months? I don't remember.. could be more than that lol
Humidity: Dry dry dry. Super light misting every 2 weeks "just in case" but I doubt they need it
Temperature: ~75F

OBT 1 - stays in its burrow most of the time. Will sit at an entrance when hungry .. which it's doing in the pics. Feeding tonight!

It has about 3 entrances..

OBT 2 - This guy went pretty crazy with the webbing. I only give my obt's about 2" of substrate. As you can see, it's carried and relocated much of it.

Also has 3 main entrances with tunnels looping all around the enclosure.

OBT 3 - another burrower. 2 entrances. I see this guy the least

OBT 4 - This one stays up off the ground. For the longest time, it just hung out on its piece of bark but over the last 2 weeks or so, it has webbed heavily and dug down into its substrate. However, it still hangs around at the top of the bark.

nakazanie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
OBTs are so darn cute, I can't stand it. Good luck with the experiment.

Nak

Austen

Arachnopeon
OBT Owner: Austen
Time in enclosure: 5 days
Humidity: Medium to high
Approx Temp: Around 70

O.B. Trice

So Here she is 5 months later.
Time in enclosure: 5 months
Humidity: Low

Here is my newer one. I've had for a couple months.
Time in enclosure: 2 months?
Humidity: Low

P.M.S.(Pterinochilus murinus spider)

Loudog760

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm getting a mature female and a mature male for free! I'm so stoked!
:)

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm getting a mature female and a mature male for free! I'm so stoked!
:)
:O lucky...
my OBT looks like a boy, but is like 4.5"-5". luckily, a local guy has a MM and we *might breed them* because quote "i dont need anymore of those running around, ever"

enclosure pics to come. shes building a new web

F

free arachnids

I know this is a dumb question, but what type of tarantula an OBT? I'm a newbie.

Loudog760

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:O lucky...
my OBT looks like a boy, but is like 4.5"-5". luckily, a local guy has a MM and we *might breed them* because quote "i dont need anymore of those running around, ever"

enclosure pics to come. shes building a new web
This species is pretty easy to breed right?