Calisoga longitarsus "False Tarantula"

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i will try to get to my notes tomorrow

if it seems like i forgot just pm me. i am a bit of an idiot

it certainly is something! if it isn't calisoga then, to me, that is actually more interesting than if it was. it is definitely a mygalomorph.... that is the group that trapdoors, tarantulas, sydney funnelwebs, etc. all belong to. here is the thing... i am decently familiar with CA mygs and i just can't think of what that could be, aside from Calisoga. there are like, 4-5 described species of calisogas... and i haven't actually read the descriptions of any of them. the larger silver spiders we call Calisoga longitarsus. there is another bluer version we call C. theveneti. i think i might have found a third in Mariposa county... look like Calisoga but it is "just" brown.... and not quite as cranky. found those browns right next to the blues, btw

in the mean time, let us wait and see if anyone more knowledgeable chimes in... someone might have some good insight that i am just plain missing

man, i want to go Calisoga collecting now =P

KUJordan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
These guys are pretty cool for sure. My fiance's family own a ton of land in Mendocino county, CA and every time I go out there I find C. longitarsus everywhere. They are tough to flood out of their burrows though since the soil is so loose out there. They are really cool spiders. Almost as cool as the Uroctonus mordax scorps that are under every single rock and log out there...