California Centipede Enthusiasts

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Greetings All,

I live in southern CA (rialto at the moment) and have recently noticed a number of fellow centiheads from CA

i thought it would be kind of cool to use this thread to "meet" each other... perhaps one day we can all go tiger hunting together :)

Andrew ~ cacoseraph ~ cacopede

Black Hawk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
hi andrew, as it turns out the only pede i have right now is a tiger that i went out and caught:) i live in Carmichael, it's a suburb outside of sacramento.

Ben~Black Hawk

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Rialto here

I live in same city where caco lives. I just caught a beautiful tiger today about 6 inches in length.

Caco is right, its a good idea to know locals who are interested in pedes, as Im highly interested, we can all share knowledge together and hopefully one day have pedes that we can breed together, and catch some pedes.

insect714

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
new to pedes

Hello all I am new to pedes but am VERY interested, I live in Santa Ana, CA so not really that far from crash and caco, I hope that I can learn a lot form my fellow local enthusiasts, feel free to e-amil offlist @ insect714@yahoo.com
since I am new to my area I am always up to learn about the local wilflife...:D

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
insect714 said:
Hello all I am new to pedes but am VERY interested, I live in Santa Ana, CA so not really that far from crash and caco, I hope that I can learn a lot form my fellow local enthusiasts, feel free to e-amil offlist @ insect714@yahoo.com
since I am new to my area I am always up to learn about the local wilflife...:D
greetings :)

well, i believe you have moved into a pretty good bug area

let me think

"our" scolopendamorpha (giant) cents
myglamorpha <--- awesome link!!! lists about 50 species, with a county level distribution!
and you should also be able to find a species or two of tarantula, a number of other myglamorph (probably a trapdoor and a few other sort of shiny ones), and i'm guessing at least a dozen scorp species and subspecies

Last edited:

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey there! santa ana is almost around the corner from us! ive been tryin to plan a date to see caco but weve been busy working! ill definatley email

do you have any pedes? or thinking about getting one?

currently I have an
8 1/2 inch- vietnamese de haani
5 1/2 inch- south western tiger
1 1/4 inch- tiger from i dunno where but is from cacos litter to my understanding...

insect714

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thanks for the warm welcome

Thank you for the warm welcome, no I do not yet have any pedes at the moment. I do have a mantis and some phasmids and lots of phasmid ova incubating ( but that is a LONG process) but I am very interested in all forms of inverts, I used to be a big herps fan breeding lots of lizards, frogs and newts but have relocated here into a much smaller space. Not to mention that it seems like most of the inverts are a lot more interesting to watch, and do not take as much room so I can get away with them easier here. and thenk you for the great links I will be using them a lot, and I will prob have a lot of questions in the time too come also. Once again thanx for the warm welcome...:worship:

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
arachnoboards has full of really good helpers. At one point I almost stopped searching for centipede forums, I thought I was the only one, then almost like the feeling of opening the golden gates to paradise, i found this place and people with pictures of pedes, i remember I used to see these creepers slithering through my house during summer time.

as welcomming you into the pede world, I will hunt a tiger pede for ya! its about helping others and enjoying it togehter is what i think. ill pm you when I find one so i can ship it to u or something.

by the way the pede will look like the attachment I have posted. I caught this one up the street from me last month, apparently shes hibernating she doesnt come out unless I move the thing shes under. :)

CHEERS!

Last edited:

insect714

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks Crash

Thanks for that offer Crash, it is true that Arachnoboards does have some of the greatest invert people around, I do no think that I have meet a better bunch of people anywhere. I look forward to getting to know some of you better and learn from the knowledge that you have to offer. I look forward to your PM talk to you all soon.

Insect714

ftorres

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Centipedes

Hello Guys,
My name is Francisco, I live in the LA area.
I am new to pedes and I am currently keeping.
3 neonleg centipedes
2 blue leg
1 chinese red
1 Giant arizona
2 Texan pedes
1 flagtail centipedes
3 florida multycolor pedes ?
Since I am new, don't really know the Latin names
Regards to all.
FT

insect714

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey Francisco

Hey FT,
You keep a lot of inverts... I have seen you in a lot of the Phasmid & Mantid areas too, that is an impressive collection in my book :worship: nice job...

Jonathan insect714

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
ftorres said:
Hello Guys,
My name is Francisco, I live in the LA area.
I am new to pedes and I am currently keeping.
3 neonleg centipedes
2 blue leg
1 chinese red
1 Giant arizona
2 Texan pedes
1 flagtail centipedes
3 florida multycolor pedes ?
Since I am new, don't really know the Latin names
Regards to all.
FT
just starting!?
i can't wait to see what you have after a while!

i meant to take inventory this weekend but didn't get around to it... i think this is close though

4 E. trigonopodus (Tanzanian blue(ring) leg)
5 E. trigonopodus or Scolopendra sp. (Tanzanian yellow leg)
3 Egyptian Emerald (S. cingulata maybe)
2 Tanzanian Tiger (S. morsitans hopefully!) 2 males, if morsitans
2 or 3 Alipes sp. (grandideri?) (feather/fan tails) living communal
1 S. subspinipes (Vietnamese)

maybe ~10 baby S. polymorpha and a few more random WC polymorpha

maybe a few more, i can't really remember
i traded a bunch without keeping track, so i'm a little vague as to what i got

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Bump Centicas!

cacoseraph said:
Greetings All,

I live in southern CA (rialto at the moment) and have recently noticed a number of fellow centiheads from CA

i thought it would be kind of cool to use this thread to "meet" each other... perhaps one day we can all go tiger hunting together :)

Andrew ~ cacoseraph ~ cacopede
IT'S PEDE HUNTING SEASON IN SOUTHERN CA!!!

i caught five S. polymorpha tiger centipedes yesterday in about 1.5-2h, starting from 5:30pm - 7:30pm when it got too dark to see and i started blacklighting for scorps (didn't catch any with the blacklight)

CA CENTIHEADS STAND UP AND BE NOTICED :)

szappan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
cacoseraph said:
4 E. trigonopodus (Tanzanian blue(ring) leg)
5 E. trigonopodus or Scolopendra sp. (Tanzanian yellow leg)
3 Egyptian Emerald (S. cingulata maybe)
2 Tanzanian Tiger (S. morsitans hopefully!) 2 males, if morsitans
2 or 3 Alipes sp. (grandideri?) (feather/fan tails) living communal
1 S. subspinipes (Vietnamese)
"And a partridge in a pear tree..."

errr... sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lucky caco, I was in Rialto last night at carter high school watching the kick boxing from like 5:00 to 9:00 PM, wish I could of went hunting.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
RyanC said:
Lucky caco, I was in Rialto last night at carter high school watching the kick boxing from like 5:00 to 9:00 PM, wish I could of went hunting.
pomo eh?

i used to live in Phillip's Ranch. speaking of which, i caught tiger centipedes and a crazy scorp at Diamond Ranch, but haven't caught anything for like a year or so there.

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah been in Pomona for a year now, before that I was in La Verne for ten years untill my stupid air conditioner took a crap and lit my house on fire and this is where I ended up. My little brother is currently going to school in Phillip's Ranch at Decker elementry. I might give hunting here a shot, see if I can find anything.

Kayv

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Damn you all love in southern California. I'm all the way up here in the Bay Area.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Arachnonick1 said:
I live in the Palm Springs area ( actually in the high desert above palm springs) if any ones going to go hunting around here count me in. My email is ncorline@hotmail.com. Hit me up !!!
awesome!

i think Pimpin Posey is by you, and i'm not too far away, and pimpin and i are supposed to meet up soonish to go hunting by him.. so we will have to keep in touch!

hey, is 29 palms by you?