Cage size for Brachypelma Albopilosum

arachnophobespiderkeeper

Arachnosquire
So i've been heavily considering getting a pet Brachypelma Albopilosum (or a curly hair). Mostly because they're smaller, Docile/"gentle, somewhat active and dont need a HUGE cage

that being said. I'm not sure HOW big of a cage I should get, should I choose to get one.

I have one cage rn for my true spiders thats not huge but not tiny (dont know the exact size) But if somebody could give me a cage size that'd be great!​

cold blood

Staff member
Its completely dependent on the size of the specimen you acquire.

B. albo gets to 6" btw...so not smaller. Good smaller ones would be Euthlus sp. red/yellow, P. scrofa or if you are used to true spiders, N. incei.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
no tarantula needs a huge cage. largest is fine in a 10 gallon. a adult b albo would be comfortable in something with around the same floor space as a 5 gallon tank.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
I think a lot of people try to have a cage thats 2-3 time the diagonal leg span of the tarantula. An adult B. Albopilosum should be get good in a 12X12X12 enclosure.

Someone correct me if im wrong

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
An adult tarantula will be more than comfortable in a tank that's twice to thrice its legspan.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
This goes over everything you'll need. The video even has a B. albopilosum as the example tarantula.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I keep my AF in a large ExoTerra Breeder Box, she uses all of it, but on average probably only 1/2 to 3/4 at any given time. They aren't all docile either. Don't be surprised if you get urticating setae thrown your way frequently. My AF does it quite often. They aren't that small either. You want something that is easy going, get this, here's my AF