Cage Q

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So today I was driving down my road and I see this aquarium with a FREE sign hanging from it, so I am stoked and emediately start thinking about what to put in it, and think that everything I have won't live in groups and are perfect in their cages. I thought about emps but I don't want to have a high humidity cage that big (40-50gal), then I thought about a T which I am big on and I thought about a comunal pokie set up, but the cage doesn't have a lid and pokies are expensive. SO I then thought of pedes which I have never had and am very curious about. I thought of the red heads and the allipes. I think I may just put my DH's in there. I like this kind of stress.:)

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You may get a better response if this was put in the correct forum... Did you have a question about tarantulas ?

don't do pokies they will probably eat each other eventually...

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i got a free reptile setup. HUGE enclosure. more than 20 gallons for sure and I don't know what to put into it.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
don't do pokies they will probably eat each other eventually...
Pokies are very good communally... :confused:
I know lots of people with lots of success. Someone i know has 13 formosa in a tank, since spiderlings. All are sub adult now. No canniballism and still living together.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
How big is the aquarium?
40-50 gallon

You could always section it off into smaller cages and put a number of tarantulas in it?
Providing that of course, everything is safe, and they have individual lids. So that they can't climb over and eat their neighbour!

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Pokies are very good communally... :confused:
I know lots of people with lots of success. Someone i know has 13 formosa in a tank, since spiderlings. All are sub adult now. No canniballism and still living together.
Wait till they mature. If you get one pregnant female in there, look out : it's feeding time !

13 pokies ! That would have to be a massive set up...

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the cage is at least 40 gallons long. I don't think I am going to get a pede. Any T suggestions? I would probably split the cage.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
the cage is at least 40 gallons long. I don't think I am going to get a pede. Any T suggestions? I would probably split the cage.
actually, that sounds like a great idea! i could split the cage into sections.