Cage ok for a large centipede???

Geography Guy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi

I found these at Wal-Mart a while ago. I have kept my S.mutilans in it for about a year now without any problems. But could this cage support larger more aggressive centipedes like subspinipes?

There are 3 pics of the cage and then a pic of the centipede I currently keep in one.

Cheers,

Last edited:

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
do you have holes anywhere?? im assuming on the lid but wasn't sure??? other than that i was planning on getting these as well.......cant beat 6 bucks lol....

Geography Guy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
do you have holes anywhere?? im assuming on the lid but wasn't sure??? other than that i was planning on getting these as well.......cant beat 6 bucks lol....
I have wholes in the lid only on the one with a centipede living in it. I haven't gotten around to putting wholes in the ones I just bought.

I know! 6 Bucks! What a deal lol

Cheers, :)

Rounder

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah those are great for pedes. I love those containers because you can manage the ventilation so easily depending on the # of holes you add.

I have several spiders in them.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Remember that 'spider safe' and 'centipede safe' are two completely different things. I'd imagine a larger centipede wouldn't have much trouble escaping from one of those if it were able to reach the top.

Instead, I use one gallon screw top jars.

It's worked pretty well so far.

Last edited:

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i keep all of my centies in snap shut lids/plastic shoeboxes,they work great,keeps in the humidity,never had any escapes,though my gigantea always tries at night to push the lid off{D my others try here and there,but then they give up,i also like those jars/screw on lids,those are great too.