Cage cleaning

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When I do my regular cage cleaning for my A. Avic, is there any special rule to cleaning mold? I'm just wiping it off the bottom of the sticks (where it collects) and taking out the pooey/moldy substrate (not that there is much), I just wanted to know if I'm doing things right. I'm also changing out the water dish, cleaning it and giving fresh water every morning before work....that all sound ok? some tips would be appreciated. Also, being an avic, how would I go about moving him/her to a new terrarium when the time comes...it's webbed up the corner pretty good and almost never comes out...some hints on how to do that would be good too please, thanks guys!

Last edited:

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
Hey bud,
Sounds good.
As long as the mold doesn't run rampant, you should be fine..... If you want to get rid of it for good though, just wiping it away, and spooning out affected substate, won't work. You'll have to totally cleanse everything, or keep the cage dry for that....
To move your avic, just chase it out of it's web, and cup it.

Also, following questions, and preemptive signs of gratitude, with a sarcasm emoticon probably makes for interesting interpretations of your intentions... Just a thought.

Cheers,
Scott

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
bwahahha didnt realize that was a sarcasm emote! bwahahha!...illl fix that haha. also, keeping an avics cage dry...isnt that bad? dont they need like 80% all the time?

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
Depends on feeding regiment, and access to water.... They will get plenty of hydration from regular feeding, an occasional mist of the side of the tank, and a water dish overfilled every once in a while to keep the substrate from separating from the sides of the tank..... I personally have never kept them at 80%. They've done fine, and I have bred them in such conditions.......