Cage cleaning things finally back to their usual

spotropaicsav

Arachnobaron
Our adult Ts are finally back to their old selves, they were pissed for a month that I had to do a light cleaning! I assume this happens to others, they hate to be disrupted.

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
light cleaning for me consists of removing uneaten prey and bolus, also refilling and replacing water dishes. None of my animals seem to mind the slightest. The more flighty ones dive into their holes/burrows while the pet rocks just stay put and I work around them (long tongs are my best friend).

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
I hate having to rip a few strands of web to get a bolus or a retarded mealworm, ugh.

cold blood

Staff member
At first I was like, 'what? What bulb, does he have a light in there??'
Than I was like 'ahaa, I see what you did there' :rofl:
I had the exact response..lol.

Op, cleaning consists of simple spot cleaning, all of which should be done with a longer tweezers/tongs...its not at all an invasive process.

Like Andrea, im also curious as to what your cleaning consisted of.

spotropaicsav

Arachnobaron
Picking out bolus, but this time wiped insides of tank with damp cloth as it was needed. My dexterity in my hands isn't great, so they could have been bothered by my movements.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Or maybe it was our recent moveThey do get more natural light in our current place
I think this can be more the cause for them to hide more than you cleaning the enclosures. :)
They aren't in direct sunlight I hope? It gets too hot too fast in tanks which stand in the sun.

spotropaicsav

Arachnobaron
I think this can be more the cause for them to hide more than you cleaning the enclosures. :)
They aren't in direct sunlight I hope? It gets too hot too fast in tanks which stand in the sun.
No they are not, and we have shutters and closet sliding doors to open and close that help keep the temp nice. And one just molted this am, so mystery for that one solved!
Thanks for the tip, I do feel bad when I am a bit clumsy picking out their waste and they seem disturbed

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
I hate having to rip a few strands of web to get a bolus or a retarded mealworm, ugh.
My E.Murinus enclosure is like that. Right now I have a superworm that's managed to get itself into an irretrievable space. I can't get to it and she can't. I may have to do a full cage refreshing to remove it

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
My E.Murinus enclosure is like that. Right now I have a superworm that's managed to get itself into an irretrievable space. I can't get to it and she can't. I may have to do a full cage refreshing to remove it
Forgot to crush the head? :D
My E.murinus drops anything uneaten near her waterdish. My E.cyanognathus as well, come to think of it. Very tidy little creatures!

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
Forgot to crush the head? :D
My E.murinus drops anything uneaten near her waterdish. My E.cyanognathus as well, come to think of it. Very tidy little creatures!
My E.Murinus shows no interest in anything unless it's able to run a marathon, it seems. When I crush the heads of superworms, they don't seem to move fast enough for her. I'm breeding red runners but it'll be another month before I can use them as a food source

Timc

Arachnosquire
This just happened in my rufilata's enclosure a couple weeks ago...I. Was. So. Pissed.:banghead:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
My E.Murinus shows no interest in anything unless it's able to run a marathon, it seems. When I crush the heads of superworms, they don't seem to move fast enough for her. I'm breeding red runners but it'll be another month before I can use them as a food source
Mine pounces on everything that moves, except for when I am watching....she won't come and get her food while the lid is still off, keeping herself hidden until the lid is on.