C. Vittatus pregnant??

valkyrie12310

Arachnopeon
So, this morning, looked over at my scorp and was like, hmmm, he has something on his back, what are those?

Turns out, he's actually a she and was pregnant. Now we have, I would say, 5 baby scorpions on her back?

This is my first scorpion and my first birth so I'm pretty clueless. Does this change the feeding needs at all? Do I need to "pull" the young the way you would with tarantulas? help plz.

valkyrie12310

Arachnopeon
Also, I just spotted another baby that fell off the momma train. Can I help it back on or?

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Generally when scorpions give birth the babies will ride mom for roughly 2 weeks. They will molt 1 time on her back. After that molt they will chill with her for a few days until they harden up. Once recovered they will begin to wander. At that point u can seperate them... feeding mom is usually recommended so she wont eat the babies

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Also, I just spotted another baby that fell off the momma train. Can I help it back on or?
the mama will help the little 1 get onto her back again but if theres something wrong with it ... it probably wont live and she wont help it back on her