C. Versicolor sling webs up prey but doesn’t eat it?

shelbyisepic

Arachnopeon
I’ve had a c. Versicolor sling for about a week now and I tried to feed it after I felt it had enough time to settle in. My crickets were about to die so I really wanted to see if I could get this one to eat. I grabbed a small pinhead and put it in there and it was scared as I figured it would be. So I killed it and left it for the sling. The Next day the T had grabbed the cricket and put it up high in its web but now it’s been like 3 days and it hasn’t eaten it or anything…. Should I assume it’s saving the cricket or should I take it out? I have a feeling the T may be stressed as I had to disturb it’s enclosure early (I am a foolish newbie and accidentally flooded the enclosure when I was trying to pour water in and it’s such a small enclosure it was very flooded and I didn’t want it to mold or kill the T) on as it was extremely necessary and some people say stressed slings will refuse to eat. I know they go periods without eating but this one concerns me because it hasn’t touched the webbed cricket and I don’t feel as if the abdomen is very fat so I don’t think it’s in premolt. I will post a picture. Any ideas? I am a newbie but I am trying my best and I just think it’s weird that it’s had the dead cricket in a web for 3 days. Thanks! 4D2A86C3-1558-491B-A5BF-6ED4818898BC.jpeg
Edit: I’d like to add that the person I bought it from was already feeding it live crickets. I have not taken the cricket out yet because it literally hovers over the top of it and I feel as if it may get defensive or try to bolt out if I grab it but I will take it out if necessary.

shelbyisepic

Arachnopeon
I like using a plastic pipette for adding water in tiny enclosures:

Probably just offer food once or twice a week unless if is obviously in premolt, and remove uneaten prey/boluses as necessary.

Is that live moss in there?
Thank you! I actually have a glass Pipette which is what I used to get all the water out of there lol but thank you for the link and I will be using it to drop the water in now instead so I don’t accidentally spill again :)

That’s what I was going to plan on from now on I just thought maybe it was saving the cricket for later? As of right now it still hasn’t eaten it but it literally sits RIGHT on top of it so I have some reservations about removing it as I have a feeling it won’t take kindly to that. I know it’s normal for them to not eat but I didn’t know if it was normal for them to web it and not eat it! Do you think it’s necessary to try and remove this cricket? It’s high up so I thought it won’t be as prone to molding as it’s right by the cross ventilation and such.

And no it is not live, it is the stuff that comes in a bag but the color on this one is vibrant because it was dyed with animal safe food coloring! (I didn’t buy it for that reason I didn’t realize the color until I received it and then I researched before putting it in the enclosures)

Not hungry- they aren’t eating machines like stupid humans
I figured it wasn’t hungry when I tried to feed it, but do you think it is saving this food for later or it just wanted it out of the way? It literally sits right on top of this cricket for days but (seemingly) hasn’t eaten any of it and I haven’t seen any of it in the T’s fangs or such.
Thank you!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I figured it wasn’t hungry when I tried to feed it, but do you think it is saving this food for later or it just wanted it out of the way? It literally sits right on top of this cricket for days but (seemingly) hasn’t eaten any of it and I haven’t seen any of it in the T’s fangs or such.
Thank you!
I can't read the mind of a T. Could be either. I think that it sits for days is your answer, however there is always an exception.