C versicolor care and husdandry help

mellow

Arachnobaron
This is actually a really good example, I would just add a bottle cap watering dish, personally, and keep the substrate dry. Good stuff. Plus it is probably going to web up the top of the enclosure so this way it won’t bother the T much.
Thanks! I already put a bottle cap in the enclosure shortly after that picture was taken. 😃

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Is this enough? Each little white spot is a hole
That is better! I’d include a few down around the substrate level and some on the lid. You’ll get cross movement and also some draw up and out as heat moves.

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
That is better! I’d include a few down around the substrate level and some on the lid. You’ll get cross movement and also some draw up and out as heat moves.
There are more on the lid and I will it’s just hard to do with a hand twist screwdriver

There are more on the lid and I will it’s just hard to do with a hand twist screwdriver
Is this a good enclosure to rehouse it into? It’s a 32oz container with some webbing points is it to stuffy?

Attachments

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
Guys does it look like I did good?

And some bonus pics cuz why not rehousing went well except for one of the 2 is very bolts compared to the other.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Looks good, are there any holes in the lid?

The pictures with all the webbing, is that the enclosure you got them from the store in?

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
Looks good, are there any holes in the lid?

The pictures with all the webbing, is that the enclosure you got them from the store in?
Yeah the ones with the webbing are the ones from the store just wanted to be safe and give them cross ventilation. They won’t be moving out any time soon. And there is holes in the lids of the 2 enclosures as well

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
What size is the C. versicolor? Small slings are pretty fragile but the setup you explained would work for a sling or an adult.

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
What size is the C. versicolor? Small slings are pretty fragile but the setup you explained would work for a sling or an adult.
Which setup? The slings were in small viles with not cross ventilation they are about 1/2-3/4 or and in right now they should grow to 1.5 pretty quick correct tho? And I’ll move them into 1 gal containers when they hit like what 3-4 in. They look to be doing fine they are hiding under the leaves that are inside the deli cups.

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
Which setup? The slings were in small viles with not cross ventilation they are about 1/2-3/4 or and in right now they should grow to 1.5 pretty quick correct tho? And I’ll move them into 1 gal containers when they hit like what 3-4 in. They look to be doing fine they are hiding under the leaves that are inside the deli cups.
Yea I’d make sure they have cross ventilation at any size but other than that sounds good, could even give a 4 inch+ one a bigger enclosure than a gallon.

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
Yea I’d make sure they have cross ventilation at any size but other than that sounds good, could even give a 4 inch+ one a bigger enclosure than a gallon.
Yeah do you think they are going to be fine at that size In the 32oz containers?

Do you guys think it would be ok if I cover the 2 slings enclosures with a towel or not enough airflow? I just want to encourage them to explore because they just moved in and haven’t moved in about 2.5hra

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Do you guys think it would be ok if I cover the 2 slings enclosures with a towel or not enough airflow? I just want to encourage them to explore because they just moved in and haven’t moved in about 2.5hra
Just leave them be, they will explore at night.

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
Just leave them be, they will explore at night.
Ok just my other 2 tarantulas I owned before these little guys always explored or went and hid somewhere I guess the one is hiding under a leaf so it thinks it’s hidden Mabye some webbing tommorow??

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Ok just my other 2 tarantulas I owned before these little guys always explored or went and hid somewhere I guess the one is hiding under a leaf so it thinks it’s hidden Mabye some webbing tommorow??
It could take a week or so for it to get webbed up, just don’t stress about it, they know what to do.

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
It could take a week or so for it to get webbed up, just don’t stress about it, they know what to do.
I heard that if small slings have to big of enclosures that they will stress out and die but you guys said they looked good enough for them so I’m trusting you guys with my little friends🤞🤞they might make little web hiding tubes over night like most tarantulas do I think. Just to hide in.