C. versi unusual behavior

SmileWitch

Arachnopeon
My juvenile C. versi molted a few days ago and because of operator error *ik, I suck, sorry ;_;* there was a superworm in the enclosure that I found crawling around outside her web. She seemed okay though, except that she was out. it's possible she'd been running from it and was near exhausted but I got him.

Then yesterday my versi was on the floor of the cage, in what looked like a death curl. I was concerned but not like super since it was the first time I'd ever seen it and it just didn't really click. She sprang into action when I touched her.

Today, I'm assuming she was really dehydrated, but she was in a death curl near her water bowl. I try and keep her enclosure kinda dry since it's not well ventilated. I don't get the substrate super wet, and I try to let it dry completely before I re-dampen it.

So current scenario, she's caught up on drinking and is on the wall near the floor, but I noticed she was doing what looks like little spider pull-ups. I have not heard of this. I tried to get a better pick of the abdomen but it was hard to get in there. The only thing I can even think of is either that she's fine and was just dehydrated and may be still hardening her legs, or an impaction. Please let me know if you have any advice or ideas what might be up with her/him. Thank you

Attachments

vurzachee

Arachnopeon
the curl was just grooming and the pull ups are just post molt stretching. continue to keep dry and keep water dish full.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I don't get the substrate super wet, and I try to let it dry completely before I re-dampen it.
Keep it comlpletely dry with a water dish, thhere is zero reason to be moistening a Caribena vesicolor's substrate in an enclousre you say does not have good vetilation. Dont mist and just administer water droplets directly to webbing. Im not sure what is going on with yours the videos look normal, but you make it sound potentially bad with potentially stuffy enviornments from time to time in there.