C. thorelli rescue

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I received a couple of shipments today and learned something first hand about C. thorelli. They are very fast... and agile.

While unpacking one of the little 3/4" buggers, it sprang from its vial, ran across the table and took a flying leap onto my pants. It did its best impression of a squirrel running up a tree to avoid a dog (spiral climbing) and took up residence on my back... both out of sight and reach.

Fortunately for me, I am the father of a six year old female spider wrangler... and she is on spring break. She came to the spider's (my) rescue and captured the agile little T without any trouble. Due to her bravery and expertise, she is now the proud owner of a C. thorelli.

Botar

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
awww lol nice story but 1 question i noticed them on my sling to what are those white coloured spots on thier under belly???

NorthwestInverts

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Grael,

those 4 spots you see on the abdomen underside are "book lungs" that the Tarantula breathes through.

Dean

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Spiderdad33
Grael,

those 4 spots you see on the abdomen underside are "book lungs" that the Tarantula breathes through.

Dean
ooo i should realy look into my T biology lol thanks ^_^

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL.
Great story and congrates on your spider's ( Your ) rescue!
Tell her I said Great Job!

And maybe you should have her on hand to help you unpack any others.

:D

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Botar,
Kudos to your daughter..:) My A. avic will run the same way..In fact, it escaped just last night...:D
Peace,
Gillian

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hehe....Cute story. Gotta love those little thorellis :)
I had a P. fasciata do the same thing to me once...Unfortunately for the spider (me) I was alone at the time, so it took some death-defying maneuvering to get the little tyke out of my shirt :p

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good thing it didn't happen Monday while I was wearing my kilt. Would have given him hiding options that my daughter would've been unavailable to handle. She'd have been scarred for life... hard enough just being my daughter.

Botar