C. sculpturatus BABIES 2 BROODS!! HELP?!

EmperorKuzco

Arachnosquire
Ok, so I had 2 mommas have their babies within 2 days of each other. I am already seeing babies roaming off the mother. My main concern, SHOULD I separate them? With them being communal, the others have not had any issues (that I have seen) with the babies.
And SECOND WHAT <edit> DO I FEED THESE TINY LITTLE CUTIES?!?

Thanks in advance!
(I can post pictures later when I get home from work)

Last edited by a moderator:

Scorpiobsession

Arachnobaron
Let them seperate on their own, feed the parent p/k food to decrease the chance that she eats the babies. Once they separate by their self house them apart (not with other babies). Feed them anything that seems small enough (not wild-caught of course). Feed small crickets, some FFF (not a staple).

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Once they leave the mom you’re best off separating the scorplings. Centruroides are very communal as adults, but not when they’re young.

Xomb13

Arachnopeon
I had the exact same thing happen. 2 c. Sculpturatus moms with broods at the exact same time! Apparently, they gave birth at the same time as yours because today they are all down and I am having a lot of trouble getting them out of the cork bark.

I fed my p. Imperator babies small crickets that I crushed the heads on. I have no idea what to feed these guys otherwise, they are just so tiny, I might have to split a small cricket between them as I have no pin heads near me for sale or freshly hatched. I just hope they have no trouble scavenging like the emperor scorpion babies.

Good luck with your broods! Hope everything turns out well for you, and someone with a few years under their belt can guide both of us lol.

EmperorKuzco

Arachnosquire
yeah I am having horrible luck getting them out of the communal tank, They all, adults and babies alike, LOVE the Cholla Wood and hide inside it most of the time. Best of luck to you Xomb13!

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
I had the exact same thing happen. 2 c. Sculpturatus moms with broods at the exact same time! Apparently, they gave birth at the same time as yours because today they are all down and I am having a lot of trouble getting them out of the cork bark.

I fed my p. Imperator babies small crickets that I crushed the heads on. I have no idea what to feed these guys otherwise, they are just so tiny, I might have to split a small cricket between them as I have no pin heads near me for sale or freshly hatched. I just hope they have no trouble scavenging like the emperor scorpion babies.

Good luck with your broods! Hope everything turns out well for you, and someone with a few years under their belt can guide both of us lol.
They should accept prekilled prey without issues.