C.schioedtei enclosure.

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi!

I just wanna know how you guys prefer to keep this species, arboreal or terrestrial set up?

Thanks!

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have two small ones and when they are big enough, I'll probably set it up as terrestrial but I'll add a few things to climb since they'll be able to handle it well. I don't have anything for the true terrestrials to climb in thier enclosures.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They are arboreal in their native habitat so arboreal all the way.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
my subadult female is setup for arboreals,she always stays in her burrow next to the corkhide,toward the bottom.

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
They are arboreal and like Brian said I treat them as such. Here is how I keep my female.

mike

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'd keep as arboreal. If you look at the shape and natural resting posture of the spider, it is that of an arboreal. Treat it like one!

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
in captivity however, this species is an opportunistic burrower (as is c. spec. 'blue'). the slings and juvies burrow extensively, the adults less. but they still burrow. as they do it when offered the option, i have semi-arboreal setups for them: very high cages, but filles with at least 4-5 inches of peat moss. my blue females has created an extensive burrow beneath her corktube. she retreats into the burrow by day and hangs out in the cork tube by night.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The article on this species, in Junes 2007 issue of Invertagrates Magazine, says that as they grow they like a more arboreal life style by enlargeing thier burrow upwards but they never really leave the burrow. Based on that, I still say set it should be as a terrestrial with room to grow up.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They are arboreal and like Brian said I treat them as such. Here is how I keep my female.

mike

The article on this species, in Junes 2007 issue of Invertagrates Magazine, says that as they grow they like a more arboreal life style by enlargeing thier burrow upwards but they never really leave the burrow. Based on that, I still say set it should be as a terrestrial with room to grow up.
Fellow Missourian,
The person with the first quote and pic is the one who wrote that article ;)

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Fellow Missourian,
The person with the first quote and pic is the one who wrote that article ;)
That's why they call this the "Show Me State" huh Brian. LOL. I guess I just take too much out of what I read. Thanks for setting me straight. :rolleyes:

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok, thanks alot for the good info everyone:)

Btw, the reason why I was asking this question is because i'm getting 3 on sunday.

Mike,

Your enclosure is beautiful btw:clap:

Last edited: