C.nitidus mutants

dangriga

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Today while seperation some 2.instar C.nitidus, we discovered two mutant scorpions.

This one couldn't get one metasome out of the molt:

But this one seems to be in good shape:

Vidaro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
OIIIIIIIII that looks awesome!! freak of freaks!:p

are both tails fully functional?

Gracilis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wow!!!!! you might be able to sell that to a local university for studies! that looks crazy!!

dairy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Or breed an army and take over the world!

That is so cool. Keep posting updates on these guys.

Naga

Arachnopeon
Whooaa, that's pretty awesome of a find! Definitely keep us up to date! I'd have to wonder what the price some major collectors/keepers of the hobby would offer for one, even if you are keeping them both! That's seriously something! For one to happen I can imagine is incredibly rare, but 2!!!

burmish101

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow very cool, just think if its possible to be genetic, scorps with 2 tails will be the new craze! I know im getting WAY ahead of myself and its kinda unlikely but a man can dream! lol

calum

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that's too awesome dangriga. :)

you could be onto something here.. you should try breeding it. :D

alexi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah seems to me like they might not be viable, but how cool if they are!!!!!!!!! OMG seriously if you started breeding two tailed scorpions you could make sooo much money!!!!!!!!

T.ass-mephisto

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow very cool, just think if its possible to be genetic, scorps with 2 tails will be the new craze! I know im getting WAY ahead of myself and its kinda unlikely but a man can dream! lol
in many cases in nature anrn't genetic mutations like that one usually sterile?
but i will admit that breeding twin tailed scorps would be sweet! i wonder if it will cause molting problems in the future?

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
very very few two tailed scorpions ever make it to maturity. about 90% of the time they die young from moulting problems. not impossible, but very unlikely.

dangriga

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
very very few two tailed scorpions ever make it to maturity. about 90% of the time they die young from moulting problems. not impossible, but very unlikely.
Yes. But once i saw an adult C.sculpturatus who reached maturity. So: Let's hope they don't die!

alexi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
oh that's a shame. How often do people usually see this mutation?