C. minax won't burrow!

joseoro11

Arachnopeon
My recently purchased C. minax hasn't been burrowing. I've started a fairly decent sized hole to start her off, and she hid in there on the first day. But after she's just been out and about staying in a corner, only moving around at night. Should I be concerned? Or let her be, and adjust to her environment longer.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Theraphosidae can take months to settle. I have been waiting 6 months for one of my AF H. pulchripes to use its burrow. It has been webbed up in a corner.

Dont worry, just be patient. And lets face it, once it burrows you will probably never see it again. Enjoy while you can :rofl:

joseoro11

Arachnopeon
Theraphosidae can take months to settle. I have been waiting 6 months for one of my AF H. pulchripes to use its burrow. It has been webbed up in a corner.

Dont worry, just be patient. And lets face it, once it burrows you will probably never see it again. Enjoy while you can :rofl:
You're so right LOL. I'll take advantage of the moment.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
My recently purchased C. minax hasn't been burrowing. I've started a fairly decent sized hole to start her off
Keep the hole tight and cozy ;) they don't like large openings and will often avoid a starter burrow if it's made too wide.

How long have you had it? It takes time for them to start redecorating, the less you disturb it the quicker it should acclimate to the new surroundings. If you can, share a picture of your setup and the spider.

joseoro11

Arachnopeon
Keep the hole tight and cozy ;) they don't like large openings and will often avoid a starter burrow if it's made too wide.

How long have you had it? It takes time for them to start redecorating, the less you disturb it the quicker it should acclimate to the new surroundings. If you can, share a picture of your setup and the spider.
Here's a picture of the enclosure. I've had her for 4 days now. Also, she's kinda webbed up a little on the moss. Could she be molting soon?

Attachments

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Here's a picture of the enclosure. I've had her for 4 days now. Also, she's kinda webbed up a little on the moss. Could she be molting soon?
Impossible to tell from the picture, but she doesn't look all that plump so I doubt pre molt. Has she been accepting food? The enclosure looks good, so maybe she just needs time.

joseoro11

Arachnopeon
Impossible to tell from the picture, but she doesn't look all that plump so I doubt pre molt. Has she been accepting food? The enclosure looks good, so maybe she just needs time.
She ate 3 crickets within the first 24 hours I had her. So yeah maybe jit some more time.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Just settling. It has only been in there for 4 days. It isba brand new evironment. Will take a little time.

joseoro11

Arachnopeon
she's actually molting soon. Her skin looks very pale, she's webbed up against the corner and I think she'll flip over soon.