C. Minax vs the real C. Minax

WhyUBiteBite

Arachnosquire
Ok, so this spider is a sort of obsession T for my collection given I had one several years ago and in my haste to get one again I happened across a local pet shop that claimed to have one. At the time the lighting was fairly dark but I was told it was "H. Minax" (Should of been my first red flag but I was excited given there were none of these where we used to live.) After buying it and getting out of the store in the sunlight it is definetly NOT an C. Minax but probably one of the others commonly sold as Minax. That all said why the big confusion and does anyone know where I can get a true C. Minax? Ive also been looking for a true C. Schmidti but I doubt I'll ever find that one. :\

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
IMG_4006.JPG I have two female "Cyriopagopus minax". I wish I knew what species they truely were. Perhaps vonworthi?

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Ok, so this spider is a sort of obsession T for my collection given I had one several years ago and in my haste to get one again I happened across a local pet shop that claimed to have one. At the time the lighting was fairly dark but I was told it was "H. Minax" (Should of been my first red flag but I was excited given there were none of these where we used to live.) After buying it and getting out of the store in the sunlight it is definetly NOT an C. Minax but probably one of the others commonly sold as Minax. That all said why the big confusion and does anyone know where I can get a true C. Minax? Ive also been looking for a true C. Schmidti but I doubt I'll ever find that one. :\
Hope you're going to keep it.

WhyUBiteBite

Arachnosquire
Definetly! I have 2 GBBs, 2 G Roseas, An Unknown Psalm, 2 Avics. Just cause its not what I thought doesnt mean it doesnt get a setup. :D