c. marshalli or darlingi???

cold blood

Staff member
I've never had a MM marshalli with any horn...darlingi MMs however, do have a little horn. I would suspect a MM darlingi, although it could be a Ceratogryus of another species.

I've also never had either a darlingi or marshalli MM even close to 4", much less over.

I can tell you though, that it shouldn't be bred as its id is not going to be 100% certain.

Last edited:

xyruz

Arachnopeon
I cant have a side photo of it.. its making a web now and it cuddling inside..i dont wanna wreck its web and stress my t.. ill upload a photo if i can get one.. thanks for all the advice..

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I cant have a side photo of it.. its making a web now and it cuddling inside..i dont wanna wreck its web and stress my t.. ill upload a photo if i can get one.. thanks for all the advice..
It will be making a sperm web. I have seen MM marshalli with a very small horn usually a tiny bump. Which is what I thought I could see in the photos you have provided at first glance on ny phone. Looking now on PC makes me think darlingi. I can see much more of a horn than a marshalli would usually have. Although a side on photo would be good.

awiec

Arachnoprince
Another way to tell the difference between the two is the cream bands on the underside that is characteristic of C.darlingi, but I've only had females so I'm not sure if males also have them. I would also say this is a male as females of either species have a very prominent horn while the males is non-exististant/a little nub.

xyruz

Arachnopeon
I got this t last june 7,2016 and he is half inch sling by that time..is it posible that it mature in less than a year or lets say about 6 months???and now im sure that ita a male coz i saw its tibial hook..:happy: i still cant get a side photo of it..:banghead:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I got this t last june 7,2016 and he is half inch sling by that time..is it posible that it mature in less than a year or lets say about 6 months???and now im sure that ita a male coz i saw its tibial hook..:happy: i still cant get a side photo of it..:banghead:
Yes it is possible. Especially baboon species. Males usually mature very fast and will be small. I had no doubts that it is MM. This sucks. I was sold a "female" C. sanderi juvenile at around 2.7" in late september and became mature male on 4th December at 3.5".

cold blood

Staff member
If you can see hooks, then it has emboli and is mature...emboli and hooks only present themselves in mature males (keep in mind though, not all MM species have these hooks, so its better to look at the palps than for hooks).