C. margaritatus 3I-4I... Need Photo II or something

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here are some of my C. Margs. The camera quality really blows, but it is the best shots I could get... If anyone has any suggestion please comment, thanks a lot!

I will try and get some more later...

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I really like the granulation on that species. I'm glad you posted on these though, I'm putting out a question to you and to the other members here on the boards who raise this species. Is it normal to have a high mortality rate on these scorplings. After almost a year my mortality rate is 60%, the majority being is the first few instars.

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What I've noticed and I remember being blatently (spc on that) told, "Enjoy them while they last." Though mine have lasted for so long I think I remembering reading that it is fairly difficult to get them up to adults, due to mortalitly. I had started with 6 and now only have 3. 2 are maturing fairly fast while the other still remains in it's 3rd instar, (others are in 4th).

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well then is it not obvious? I read both of their post (which I thought were two different pages :} And was thinking...Wow did he duplicate it?)... But What I have done with my C. Margs. is kept them all seperate. I use to have two to a container, about 3"x3" With plenty of hides, but like BrianS said, they just seem to all know when one molts and just wanna eat`m. I've seperated them now and they all seem to be doing just fine. I am however waiting for them to reach their full maturity and then place them back in with one another. It was funny, I remember being told these scorpions were communal. :? {D

Thiscordia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sup Deolok..
Are those the ones you got from me?
Wow is good to know that you are taking good care of them.
They look really healthy.
The mom will be popping in a few months AGAIN!!!!

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
WOw! How many times is that?

They are all fairly healthy and im learning tons of new things from them everyday...But theres one problem!

The one on the tweezers hasn't molted for about 2 months... While the other two are growing like weeds.