C. livingstoni??? any info??

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i've seen these occasionally online for sale, and ive seen many at shows... but at the shows ill pick up one deli cup labeled "C livingstoni" and it will look like a normal brownish black T, and then ill pick up another deli cup labeled "C livingstoni" and it will look like an Hysterocrates ederi.

can anyone shed light on this situation and give any info about this species?

i've been to rick west's site and looked them up... They are NW species from what i understand.

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated :D

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Crassicrus lamanai is very commonly sold under the name C. livingstoni. I'm not sure why. Those are probably the brown/black ones you have been seeing.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
exactly,that's it, i believe they are from guatumala,i had those years ago,they used to call them cinnamon birdeaters,pretty cool spider exept for those hairs:eek:

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
that's it! i knew it was somewhere over there{D it's funny i was thinking belize also,but well........i'm tired:}

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Crassicrus lamanai is very commonly sold under the name C. livingstoni. I'm not sure why. Those are probably the brown/black ones you have been seeing.

thanks!!! the back legs of these supposed "C livingstoni" are very thick and are deep velvety black, more so than the rest of their body.