C Lividum egg sac?!?!

CurlyHairCouple

Arachnopeon
I got my female Cobalt Blue in August last year 2019. She just payed what I’m pretty sure is an egg sac. She’s hovering over it, further confirming my suspicions.

If it’s an egg sac is it even possible to be fertile? I didn’t think a T could be pregnant that long. She didn’t burrow at first and I read that was fairly normal. Wells, a few weeks ago shestarted burrowing along the glass luckily.

How long until we expect them to hatch if it’s fertile? Oh I am so stressed and so upset. I don’t know what to do.

Let me add, a few weeks after we got her she molted. If they moult, wouldn’t that mean she isn’t pregnant? If she’s not pregnant then this would be an infertile sack, right? ahhhh help

Attachments

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
Let me add, a few weeks after we got her she molted. If they moult, wouldn’t that mean she isn’t pregnant? If she’s not pregnant then this would be an infertile sack, right? ahhhh help
My female c.lividus has produced 2 phantom sacs for me. I raised as a sling and never bred her and she still produced them. Your sac is most likely infertile. You can try and take it from her or leave it as she may eat it. Hope this helps you. My c.lividus with phantom egg sac

Attachments

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
Yup, that egg sac is definitely infertile. I have no clue whether or not they can retain sperm that long, but what I do know is that they’re unable to retain sperm after a molt. So if she did molt, then any sperm that she may have been carrying is all but gone.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
If she molted in your care and hasn't come in contact with a male since, it's either infertile or the first witnessed case of immaculate conception in tarantulas. ;)