C.lamanai temperment?

Scolopendra55

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was thinking about buying a 4-5" Crassicrus lamanai, but was wondering, what's their temperment like?

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was thinking about buying a 4-5" Crassicrus lamanai, but was wondering, what's their temperment like?
I have heard skittish but now overly aggressive. Kinda somewhere between a B. smithi and a P. cancerides. Sorry for the anecdotal info, I have been trying to get my hands on one myself.

But more importantly, what kind of pede is in your avatar? :D

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Can be skittish. I'd compare them to something like A. seemani, perhaps.

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i have a male and female. both are very skiddish, and will hide at the slightest vibration. they are not aggressive, but will defend themselves when they feel threatened. they also love to burrow!

the guy who sold them to me said that the male nearly took a chunk out of his hand while packing them. when they arrived here, i guess they were in a bit of shock because neither would even move off their packing towels. {D

they're beautiful when you see them, and i think their temperment overall makes them easy to deal with and enjoy. :D

Scolopendra55

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have heard skittish but now overly aggressive. Kinda somewhere between a B. smithi and a P. cancerides. Sorry for the anecdotal info, I have been trying to get my hands on one myself.

But more importantly, what kind of pede is in your avatar? :D
It's Scolopendra hardwicki :D I get asked this question all the time so I decided I'd just put it in my signature.

scottyk

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My female is very quick to rear up and strike when touched, but will not move forward agressively. She is on a purely defensive footing. I don't know if she'd follow through with a bite, but I'm guessing that she would. I don't handle my T's so it doesn't really bother me either way.

The good news is she's a great display animal. She has a burrow, but spends a lot of time out in the evenings, especially when hungry. Good luck if you decide to pick one up. I'm very happy with mine....

pinkzebra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I absolutely love mine! She is gorgeous. I would say fairly skittish but not as bad as my seemanni or boehmei. She has made a great burrow up against the side of the enclosure, so it is easy to her, even when she thinks she is hiding. I don't handle any of my Ts but I would think she could be handled, she doesn't ever give threat displays, just runs off to her burrow if she gets startled. I recommend this species.